Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Opinion between Patriot or Tiger shark

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Opinion between Patriot or Tiger shark

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 07:03 AM
aaviles
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion between Patriot or Tiger shark

Hi Welcome Back I think between Phoenix tiger shark or Patriot XL Let me know any fetback,
I know that one is kit and other is only ARTF, but i finding Speed , the engine Jett or Webra or Rossi what ever of this but i Think in Jett.Oh and between Patriot 40 or 60 kit with his respwctive engine the best of this two Kits
Old 06-14-2008, 11:43 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Opinion between Patriot or Tiger shark

If you're asking in therms of speed, with a good engine the Tiger Shark will be faster of the two.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:48 AM
kmtranmd
My Feedback: (71)

Default RE: Opinion between Patriot or Tiger shark

Phoenix Tigershark is a pretty big airframe for 40 size plane, but it has clean lines. I've seen it fly with Magnum 53xls and Tower muffler with decent speed. But it was not in same class as my Patriot XL with OS 91fx and Jettstream muffler on low passes. Phoenix tigershark requires quite a bit of mods for retracts, and I don't like that flimpsy elevator hookup in their design. I worry about flutter with that stock setup. That's why I gave it to a club member to build after I looked at it. If you're willing to build from kit, Patriot XL is the way to go. You can still get parts because kit still in production and design is very solid, no need to modify, and with proven track record. Just remember to put a hotrod 91 motor up front and light retracts from Springair or Cermark. I used to have the Patriot 40, gave it away to a club member. He put a YS 60RE with pipe in it and boy, that's is a speedster. I just don't like the small size, hard to track it with cloudy oregon's skies. That's my 2 cents on the plane.