Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

I Felt The Rush

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 01:16 AM
Charlie E
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Felt The Rush

This afternoon was the first flight of my new Shrike .10. I now understand why you guys are so crazy about the little thing called speed. It flew great. I'm hooked. I have always been the type that would fly in light wind but never in strong wind. Let me tell you, today it was bad. The Shrike cut through it like a hot knife through butter. Awesome little plane. I don't know how fast it was going the only thing I know it was ripping up the sky. I was doing low kick in the pants passes to an immediate unlimited vertical. Never seen nothing like it. I was sold. Three Flights on her this afternoon and I can't wait to fly her again.

Charlie
Old 05-20-2003, 12:49 PM
bsumpter

Default I Felt The Rush

Amen to that!

I was there for the Shrike's first outing, and let's just say I'll own one very soon. This plane is mean and well-behaved all at the same time!

Good flying, Gootrod!
Old 05-22-2003, 02:24 PM
shess65-RCU
My Feedback: (7)

Default Where are you flying?

Where are you guys flying? I have not seen you around the new field and was just wondering.

Steve
Old 05-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Charlie E

Default Hey Steve

Hello Steve,

Brian and I have been flying in Greeneville. The Nolichuckey Highrollers Club. A new club close to work. We have been flying there in the afternoons. We plan to make it out to the new field very soon. I need to pay my dues as well. Hey, does Charles still sell the club fuel?
Old 05-22-2003, 04:18 PM
shess65-RCU

Default flying

Sounds good. I need to pay myself if I ever see anyone to pay. I am not sure if Charles has any fuel left or not. I did not get to go to the last meeting but Doug told me they discussed a fuel order but never came to a decision. I have 4 gallons of Red Max if you know anyone who uses it. I will take $10 a gallon for it.

Steve
Old 05-22-2003, 04:29 PM
shess65-RCU

Default Wild Wiz

Have you seen my Wild Wiz .15 size. It too is very fast and a ball to fly. I had a Shrike last year and sold it. It was a nice fast flyer but I was never satisfied with how fast it dropped and refused to glide when it run out of fuel.

The Wild Wiz glides great and I have been very please with it. It will glide very well.

I may have built the Shrike too heavy or something, I am not sure. How about yours, will it glide?

If you ever get the urge to build another fast plane, the Wild Wiz is only about $38 or so and I build it one evening, covered it the next, and had it ready to fly on the third evening. From start to finish was probably about 10 hours or so.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:37 PM
bsumpter

Default I Felt The Rush

Hey Steve!

How's it been going? I noticed in your profile that you've started flying helis. When did you start with them?

I got a Corona last fall, and have bought several more helis since then. It's the most addictive segment of R/C I've ever been involved in. I have a Corona, a couple Concept EP helis (brushless systems), a Piccolo micro, and a glow Concept 30 SRT.

We should get together up @ White Pines and fly them sometime. Not many people around here fly them -- would be fun to get two helis in the air at once.

Later,
Brian
Old 05-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Charlie E

Default Shrike

Hey Steve,

The only issue I had was on the first flight landing glide. It needed a bit more up elevator. It still landed great but I had full up stick in it. After the adjustment there was no problems. Fun little plane to fly. Brain and I will have a Shrike video soon. I'll send it your way.

Charlie
Old 05-22-2003, 04:51 PM
shess65-RCU

Default Heli

I bought my heli, a Centry Hawk IV, back in December.

It is grounded now due to the clutch melting down in it. I am going to order the aluminum clutch housing instead of the plastic one that came on it. Zan Mason in the club bought this same heli too and his clutch housing has also melted down.

I would love to get a small electric like the Corona but the cost is soo high. Another guy in the club that I fly with a lot has the electric Corona with an upgraded brushless motor system. I flew it once. He is still learning to fly it but sounds like we may have several interested in them.

If you ever see a good deal on a small gas or an electric setup, let me know.

I will be down at the field flying Saturday morning if nothing happens between now and then so if you get a chance come on down.

I may be there tonight as well.

Steve
Old 05-22-2003, 05:10 PM
Charlie E

Default Wild Wiz

Hey Steve,

What engine are you running on the Wild Wiz?

Charlie
Old 05-22-2003, 05:17 PM
shess65-RCU

Default Wild Wiz

I started out with an OS .15 LA and it flew it just fine. I bought a used Rossi .15 and made a mousse can muffler for it and am still trying to get it dialed but it is extremely fast now.

I have to leave for a Dr. appt. now but will check back in later if you have further questions.

Steve
Old 09-29-2003, 04:30 PM
push rodz
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Wild Wiz

shess65-RCU

I am not familiar with the Wild Wiz. Is there a URL that I can go to to find out more information? If not, can you tell who is the manufacturer or anything that will help me to get more information?

I'm thinking about purchasing a Shrike or a Wonder to build but it sounds like I may be more interested in the Wild Wiz because of its' glide characteristics. The speed characteristics of both the Shrike and the Wonder are appealing but I would like to be able to do some slow stuff as well. Can you make any recommendations?

Any information is appreciated.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:27 PM
schmleff

Default RE: I Felt The Rush

I like to read suff like this.

My shrike should be done in the next few weeks. I am loading it with a .32 OS heli engine on a pipe. I am making a cowl for it so it will take me a bit longer than normal to get it done.

any picts or video?
Old 09-29-2003, 10:13 PM
shess65-RCU

I got my kit from Haslam Hobbies. The link is www.wildwiz.com . It is a breeze to build. I built mine one night and covered it the next, and on the third night was done.

Steve
Old 09-29-2003, 10:19 PM
shess65-RCU

Here is a picture, I hope...

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30737.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	64595  
Old 09-30-2003, 08:17 AM
push rodz
My Feedback: (5)

shess65-RCU

Hey dude - thanks for the link and the photo. The Wiz looks great. I'm going to check in to this one - looks like it will be a hoot to fly!

Thanks again.