Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Happy Thanksgiving

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Happy Thanksgiving

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 03:43 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving ..... to my buddies here - the world's fastest turkeys

(and to the canadian brothers... a belated happy thanksgiving!)
Old 11-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Happy Thanksgiving

ORIGINAL: bob27s

- the world's fastest turkeys
I resemble that remark.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:51 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good one Bob!

Back atcha
Old 11-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

....happy Thanksgiving to you Guys as well....

FBD.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:20 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bob27s

Happy Thanksgiving .....
(and to the canadian brothers... a belated happy thanksgiving!)
Why, thank you, and on-time good wishes to y'all down there! Come to think of it, there's still some of that turkey in the back of the fridge somewhere...[:-]

I recall 3-4 years ago, we had our Thxgiving dinner and festivities, and had a huge carcass left over after the good bits were all picked off. The fridges and freezers were full, but aha! says I, we'll put it in my old truck outside, it's freezing outside now. Good idea says wife, so I put the lid on the nice roasting pan and put it on the front seat of the truck for the night.

Fast forward to spring, the snow's all melted and things are starting to warm up, and one afternoon my wife asks me "have you seen the big roasting pan? I haven't seen it in ages.".

It smelled nowhere near as vile as the chest freezer that we kept on the deck, that quit on about the same day we left for a two week camping trip in late July one year. We had just put in a half side of beef, and about 50 pounds of fresh strawberries in Ziplock bags.

The primordial soup that filled the bottom of the freezer when we got home resembled nor smelled nothing like any of the matter that created it. The stench was so foul both my wife and I coughed up after we lifted the lid for the fist time, and it created a zone of anti-life about 20 feet in diameter that lasted for minutes. I finally dealt with it as follows: my wife and I wrapped scented towels around our faces, and she stood by the lid as I opened one bag after another of quick-drying cement. The drill was to breath deeply upwind for a few moments, then hold our breath as she'd flip the lid open, I'd dump in a bag of cement and quickly stir it with a hockey stick, then slam the lid and run for it before we had to breath again.

It worked perfectly. Soon, I had a foul smelling, wierdly purple and brown solid concrete slab weighing about 400 pounds filling the lower half of a chest freezer. Hmm, next step, dumbass? Aha.. I lifted the lid and dropped in a couple of smoke candles and dropped it again. This time I left it for a few hours. Son of a gun, it helped. Then we smashed it up and bagged the lot to the dump. The appliance guys phoned us after picking up, to ask what the hell had happened to it, it smelled so foul..

On that note, tuck in and enjoy the feast my friends! I will build my fuselage tonight and think of turkeys.

MJD

Old 11-26-2008, 10:56 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Let's be thankful for what we got.....most of the World can only dream about what we take for granted..
Old 11-27-2008, 09:47 AM
skull1971

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

Let's be thankful for what we got.....most of the World can only dream about what we take for granted..
Amen!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:40 AM
still4given

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Just sitting here flipping the prop on the Nelson Q500 engine I won on ebay for $89.

Feeling pretty thankful.

Looking forward to the long weekend.

Blessings, Terry