Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
 Tower hobbies Kaos >

Tower hobbies Kaos

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Tower hobbies Kaos

Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 PM
My Feedback: (66)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Tower hobbies Kaos

A ys 110 will get this plane moving lol
Old 05-05-2009, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I ain't gonna argue with you on the... "turns not in that wing"....for sure I have to pull almost full up elevator to get the thing cranked around...and as soon as I put it into a bank of any kind it is a ground seeking missle[X(] But man those "straight" down wind low passes sure are a rush And again I bow in agreement that the Magnum is an entry level bottom of the basket (quality) speed plane. I have spent alot of time lately on Utube and other sites looking at those F3D and F5D planes on the other side of the big pond. Those guys are way ahead of us in the speed area that's for sure. I am looking at purchasing a speed plane from a company in the Netherlands that looks totally ballistic......But, as I stated in the last post...some clubs aren't s very friendly to the speed idea. Some guys and a certain "large club sanctioning body" are slow to leaving the 50's...60's....and 70's. They wonder why membership is down........well.... step into the future!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:54 PM

What plane?
Old 05-05-2009, 03:08 PM

Evan-RCU- www.speedmodels.nl/ I am interested in two of the models that these guys sell....I really like the one that I could put a hot 21 in.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:39 PM

I thought they stopped making those... Let us know if they still do...
Old 05-05-2009, 03:47 PM

Man, I hope they haven't stopped.....I'll post if they still do!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
My Feedback: (98)

OMG I'm in love!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16478.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	1192874  
Old 05-05-2009, 05:07 PM

soarrich- YEAH...I knew you would like that one...soooooooo....EURO....I emailed those guys several hours ago and due to the time change I don't expect a reply for a while. Evan thinks they are no longer in production....I hope not...I told them I would do a big post and drum up some business. The plane you posted the picture of is the one I would like to get. I'd love to stick a Rossi .28 that turns over 35,000RPMs in that thing
Old 05-05-2009, 07:25 PM

Here's a pic of the Kaos with the West in it. The Mach Racer met it's demise this past weekend when the back-half of the muffler fell off about 1/2 mile away...to far away for me to be aware of it. By the time I realized I didn't have any power I'd lost too much airspeed to recover. RIP Mach Racer

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60543.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	1192942  
Old 05-05-2009, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: arcticflyer

The length would be great....I had thought about that engine in the Kaos with a pipe....If I decide to use that combo it would sure save some cutting and time. Thanks
I measured it. From the center of the exhaust port to the end of the header is 88 mm. This is a Long Mac's header. Turns 14020 rpms with an APC 11 x 8 on the ground. Unloads pretty good in the air.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 PM
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you buy the Kaos use trimsovent or similar to seal down the stripes.

All the black and 1/3 of the yellow have peeled of my kaos.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:32 PM

Crazy4flight- Prior to the death of my Kaos all my black and yellow was starting to come off as well....lousy trim[:@]

Biggerdanno- Man how did that thing get that far out on ya....I found that if I don't turn my magnum before 800 feet I can barely tell what it is doing and WOW does it get out there quick. Man I hate crashin...I'm still depressed over the loss of my Kaos...I had a looooong talk with Horizon Customer Service today about the AR500 receivers and am sending it back for analysis. I feel your pain[sm=cry_smile.gif] Oh yeah, thanks for the measurement!!!!!!! I've got one of Angel's Rifles coming....can't wait....putting the Rossi in it.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 AM

This is my second Kaos. My first one had lost most of it's black stripes. On this one, before I built it, I ironed them down twice. So far, after about 100 flights, none has come loose yet.

As for getting too far away, I don't normally fly that far away, was trying to see how far away I could still tell what its orientation was. Problem was, I could see further than I could hear.

Love the Kaos, my favorite bird to fly.[8D]
Old 05-06-2009, 10:17 AM

Bigger danno- What kind of speeds were you getting with that Mach Racer?.....MJD has started production of a Delta that is growing on me.....I never was much for Deltas but like I said that one is growing on me......if it flies anything like my STRYKER (first Delta) I'm gonna jump all over it as soon as I move back to Canada at the end of the month.

My Magnum is tuned to the point where it is either on the pipe or it is headed for tera ferma[&:]....there is no mid range.....I barely made it back to the field two weeks ago when I chopped the throttle to suddenly and flamed out.......landed in the long grass six feet short of the runway but thankfully no damage because the plane has no gear. Fifteen more feet back and.....well.....a big ugly ditch and lots of damage.

Soarrich- Evan was right.....that company in the Netherlands is no longer in business[] The guy told me that the Strega is going to be produced here in the US soon but the other hot planes are no more.......what a shame that Beretta sure looked hot.

Bluejay Kits is still up and running and produces several different Koas and old Bridi kits I emailed the guy yesterday and he responded. SOOOOmany planes.....Sooooo little money!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:21 AM

Never put the radar to the Mach Racer. I'm guessing about 105-115 level flight with Magnum .46, stock pipe and APC 9 x 8.

I can't get Bluejay to answer my emails. Have emailed them 4 times with no response.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:49 AM

That's weird I emailed them yesterday and they got right back with me and said that they were still in business....try again now....they might have been away. I really like the look of that Killer Kaos 60 kit that they sell. That plane would be wicked with one of Dub Jett's engines!