Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Pipe lengths

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 01:24 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pipe lengths

Hi folks,

Anyone got info handy on pipe lengths for 2.5cc engines?

I'm planning to bench run my OPS speed .15 this weekend, it's a FISE config. Has a header and I have an 1110 pipe, aka "nitro" pipe. I'd like to know numbers in the 20k to high 20's range.

Thanks,

MJD
Old 05-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Petrovsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pipe lengths

Greetings MJD,

If you don't get a response here, you may like to try the C/L speed forum (maybe you know about it?) on http://forums.delphiforums.com/flyfast/startwhere a good number of F2A flyers lurk and would help i'm sure.

Good uck!
P

Old 05-28-2009, 11:01 PM
MJD

I posted my question there and am waiting to see who nibbles. Thanks for the tip!

MJD
Old 05-28-2009, 11:40 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

MJD, I would not take anybody's word about what length to hack away from. A C/L guy is operating a plane with more prop and less plane than what you would think is possible for RC.
Just go through the steps outlined by Macs with your intended prop and you'll get results within the hour.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:01 AM
MJD

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

MJD, I would not take anybody's word about what length to hack away from. A C/L guy is operating a plane with more prop and less plane than what you would think is possible for RC.
Just go through the steps outlined by Macs with your intended prop and you'll get results within the hour.
Yeah, I'm sure you're right CP - I just wanted to get close off the mark. Dangit boy, just get out there and run the thing.. when the rain quits.

MJD