Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

i've missed you sweet mother speed!

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

i've missed you sweet mother speed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 12:23 AM
fozjared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i've missed you sweet mother speed!

i had a yak that was a chinese model and built cheap, airfoil looked a lot thinner than most yaks i have seen.. i fitted it with a honkin' os .61 when it called for a .40-.46 so anyway, it was faster than usual to say the least! it was not built for the speeds i was putting it thru, so eventually (6-7 months of flying it all out) flutter got the best of it at the bottom of a high speed dive/flyby right over the centerline of the runway.. it looked like balsa might look if shot out of a cannon! confetti!! anyway, i hated to see her go in, cause at the time she was probably my favorite plane overall!

so the other day (the yak went in about a year and a half ago) i bought a mini funtana from a good friend, she is a little screamer in disguise!! i love it! so now i am back to "i wanna go fast!" problem is, i don't know what would suit me, 'cause i don't want to spend a fortune, but i want a good quality plane that won't pull apart up at high speeds, plus i would like to stick to electric cuz they're just so darn easy to use! i would also like it to have at least a 45-50' wingspan, cause i don't have just the best vision for orientation.. so if anyone knows of a plane that hauls butt and fits in my specifications, i would greatly appreciate you pointing me in the right direction! i have never had a dedicated speed plane, but i would like to remedy that!

i think what got me started with speed again was, this past week a friend of a friend showed me a composite glider he has, east tx is not the best place for gliding, but he had an electric motor with folding prop of course.. he would take the glider up cloud level almost and then just dive straight down and it was just whistling and screaming like crazy! at least 150 in the dive!! it was sooooo cool, but he had lots of money tied up in it (~600).. if the best option for me is a glider, then so be it, but i can't spend nearly what he spent on his!!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:32 PM
fozjared

Default RE: i've missed you sweet mother speed!

no recommendations for a fast plane with decent low speed performance?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:57 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

there is so much info available here i don't know where to start. maybe a scat kat?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:47 PM
fozjared

thanks dhal.. i know there is an overabundance of info, i was hoping that with my many specifications there would be someone had tried a setup in the past that fit my bill.. i will check out the scat kat tho, thanks!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:00 PM
ecoliburger
My Feedback: (18)

Been said probably 100 times on this forum, get a Viper 500 from tower. $100 or so and put a decent engine on it, glides well and fast top end. Clip the wings for some more speed.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:13 PM
fozjared

i like the viper, but i am looking for something a little more suited for electric.. any other ideas?