Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

ys engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:00 PM
mustang258
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ys engines

Anyone have any good information about the new ys 70 and the ys 115? I am looking to put one of these engines into a world models 46 size p-51 mustang. I called Central Hobbies they are exspecting the engines in around nov. and the ys web site doesn't have any specifications on the new engines. But i still have alot of building to do on this plane before i am ready for the engine. I am sure i got to beaf up the wing and stab and firewall.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:12 AM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ys engines

Just glass the center section of the wing. They seem tohold up fine otherwise. The stab should be sheeted on one side or you can fill it in with balsa. I would double up the firewall and make a nice big fillet of epoxy all the way around the inside.

I talked to YS Parts and Service and the word I got from them was late Novemeber or early December.