Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

West Eurotec V1 .50 bearings

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

West Eurotec V1 .50 bearings

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 01:06 AM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default West Eurotec V1 .50 bearings

Does anyone know if the bearings used in this engine are the same as the ones used in a Webra Speed 50?

That would make sense since the casting of the West engine is actually the same as a Webra... (they come from the same factory if I'm informed correctly)

The bearings used in the West have no seals (noy even the front bearing)... perhaps to minimise friction?
Will standard precision bearings, with the seals removed if necessary, function ok? I tend to think so... 22K rpm isn't that much really...

BOCA bearings sells bearing sets for the Webra 50 Speed: standard bearings, high speed bearings and CERAMIC bearings... Would an engine like this benefit from ceramics, or would it be overkill and a waste of money?

LAst question: if the West uses the same size bearings as a Webra... does anyone know the bearing sizes used in a Webra?

I need a new set of bearings... my Magnum went in on sunday due to a failing aileron servo... what a way to go...
Luckily the damage is almost zero...