Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Diamond dust with turbax fan unit??

Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Diamond dust with turbax fan unit??

Old 08-18-2010, 11:58 PM
pabrokenprop
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond dust with turbax fan unit??

Has anyone done that yet? If so could you point me to the thread. I'm seriously thinking of building another one with the turbax fan.

Thank you
Old 08-26-2010, 07:15 AM
iflyg450

Default RE: Diamond dust with turbax fan unit??

are you thinking of just putting the fan unit on top of the wing? I scratch buit a delta with a fan unit last year, I copied a TF Holy Smoke and placed the fan unit between the wing. Looked like a tube with wings sticking out of it. I used a Turbax 1 K&B 45 set up it flew pretty good. The complete fan unit is kinda of heavy and very long. It might not fit ontop of the dust also the fan set puts almost all of the 3lbs of fan gear up front. Also Fuel supply don't bother doing it unless you can haul 11oz or more of fuel. Ducted fan motor SUCK DOWN FUEL BIG TIME!!!!! What ever engine you have for the turbax put a prop on it it will be much faster and the wing loading won't go throgh the roof. I try to fing some picture of mine
Old 08-26-2010, 07:21 AM
iflyg450

Found a picture I took this during the mock up
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35850.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1490556  
Old 08-26-2010, 11:38 AM
pabrokenprop

IFLY,

I already have a DD with OS 46 vx-df with 7x8 prop, i had thought it would be as fast or faster.. i was only yhinking of doing so cuz apc has discontinued the 7.4x8.25 carbon prop.. anyhow i guess ill have to put this idea on hold. i cant give up any speed!!! 130mph is hard to say no to..
Old 08-26-2010, 12:54 PM
iflyg450

I have heard that size prop it back? A fan unit would never give the same speed as a prop. Your current setup oly does 130?? that can't be right
Old 08-26-2010, 01:08 PM
pabrokenprop

well thats guessing its very herd to pick it up on radar and nobody seems to have a dopler or gps when i have the DD with me..
then after i fly everyone asks HOW FAST IS THAT THING. i always say i have no idea but roughly 130.. i dont wana lie so id rather be lower than what it is..