RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   am I LoCo? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/10077047-am-i-loco.html)

summerwind 10-18-2010 04:28 PM

am I LoCo?

1 Attachment(s)
i got one of these a while back......it's a HOB P51 with 425 square inch wing............thinking about installing a JeTT SJ50...............cool or nutz?

smoknrv4 10-18-2010 04:57 PM

RE: am I LoCo?

Not nutz at all, just get rid of the intake under the wing.
Go for it!:D

Flyboy Dave 10-18-2010 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: smoknrv4

Not nutz at all, just get rid of the intake under the wing.
Go for it!:D

....what he said. :D

still4given 10-18-2010 08:27 PM

Me wants one

combatpigg 10-18-2010 08:55 PM

I put a OS.32 in one and it runs in the high 120s. It was kind of a clumsy build in the turtle deck, cockpit area. I built the fuselage thinner than stock, but the wing was built stock.
As a low winger with a high thrust line, hand launches always try to zoom for the dirt and I've piled it up a few times. With a rolling take off you shouldn't have any trouble.
I think your biggest consideration will be getting a 6 ox Jett tank squeezed in there.

MJD 10-19-2010 09:01 AM

Their 8oz std fits in some tight spaces if you have the length, it's 2" OD. The flattish "CG" tank will actually entirely hide in the depth of a Demon wing if you move the forward spar, so turned on its side it is a good candidate when you have depth but not width [ i.e. where you touch bottom but leave the sides alone.. ;-) ]. Mind you at just under 6oz it will also get sucked dry in less than three minutes at full tilt.

MJD 10-19-2010 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: summerwind

i got one of these a while back......it's a HOB P51 with 425 square inch wing............thinking about installing a JeTT SJ50...............cool or nutz?
Actually, had you suggested anything smaller this post would have to be moved to the sport forum.. :D

summerwind 10-19-2010 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: MJD

Actually, had you suggested anything smaller this post would have to be moved to the sport forum.. :D
LMBO............these things were actually fast for their time with old K&B 40 baffle engines.
this one should be a real hoot:D
and if the 50 doesn't do the job, the 56LX will scare the crap out of the tail.

daven 10-19-2010 10:09 AM

If you weren't LoCo you wouldn't belong here :)

MJD 10-19-2010 11:32 AM

Well, if you have the choice then why *****foot around - in with the .56!

(of course, in all seriousness, they both would rock..)

summerwind 10-20-2010 02:32 PM

ORIGINAL: MJD

Well, if you have the choice then why *****foot around - in with the .56!

(of course, in all seriousness, they both would rock..)
well hey, it all fits.................CG is gonna be the buggaboo or is it.

smoknrv4 10-20-2010 03:52 PM

[
well hey, it all fits.................CG is gonna be the buggaboo or is it.

[/quote]

Na, just build a compartment for the batt pack nearest to the rear as possible, or re-arrange the servo placement, but I'm sure you already thought of this, keep us posted, I'm eager to see how you make out.:D

garys 10-20-2010 05:35 PM

I have three of those kits...two wood and one glass fuse kit. You should put a set of the EFlite 15-25 size 85 degree retracts in it.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFLG210

MJD 10-20-2010 05:41 PM

Wow, another size is out now! Didn't know that. I gotta try these out.