RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   Fast Pattern plane- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/2655635-fast-pattern-plane.html)

Razor-RCU 02-13-2005 11:30 PM

Fast Pattern plane-

1 Attachment(s)
Just trying to sneak a Pattern plane into the Speed forum.... It is just that this is where my buddies are--:D

She is almost RTF, Rossi-60 (Modified by Chuck Auger) Full quiet-pipe, stock EZ retracts, & 11x7 APC --(Petecs YS-60 was not workable in the mount and will be too loud-)

Hopefully she will be kinda quick as in "old-school" Pattern from the 80's:eek:

bob27s 02-14-2005 01:40 PM

RE: Fast Pattern plane-

Yum :)

vicman 02-14-2005 05:35 PM

Where has Auger been lately? I miss him.[:o]

proptop 02-14-2005 06:54 PM

Last I heard of Chuck, he was doin' the elec. 3D foamy thing...

vicman 02-14-2005 10:11 PM

I flirt with that stuff too but have not seen him anywhere in RCU. I always enjoyed his direct candor based on experience. Truely a great member of the speed freaks and the aeromodeling community in general.

jzinckgra 02-15-2005 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice plane BTW. I just won this scratch built 71" pattern last wknd at an auction. Fully glassed/painted. Still deciding on an egine.

piper_chuck 02-15-2005 12:59 PM

I've got a 25 size Suprafly kit waiting to be built. It'll get either a TT Pro 36 or a Webra 36. Still haven't decided. I've even got a pipe and retracts that should fit. Maybe I should get started on it soon, I've only had the kit for something like 15 years.

Flyboy Dave 02-16-2005 12:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yo, Razor....I have a competitor for ya'....(OS .60 FSR)

....the grey prop vs. the black prop....(if the lake ever dries out :eek:)

FBD. :D

Razor-RCU 02-16-2005 12:37 AM

You put the 60FSR in that Aresti? Did you do some mods. (I hope :))

I thought that thing was gonna fly apart with a 46FX in it---

I still have my Zen-50 as well, just wanted to get an 80's style bird to goof with...

An Aurora or Tiporare would be awesome!

Lemme know when its dry cuz I have the Whip with my Bob27'd Jett-50 (for speed heats), the Funtana-40 with the 90 2 stroke for laughs and the Supra-Fly for 90MPH knife edge passes-

Razor-RCU 02-16-2005 12:41 AM

jzinckgra - Nice looking bird! 71"? Wow, maybe YS-120? Keep us posted!

Piperchuck - My Small Supra Fly was an ARF (I was a kid) and I flew it, oh, maybe 200 flights before a radio hit-

Loved her, had an OS-28FSR (or "F") in it, can't recall---

jzinckgra 02-16-2005 12:58 PM

jzinckgra - Nice looking bird! 71"? Wow, maybe YS-120? Keep us posted!
Razor, thanks. The guy that had it flew it with a MOKI 61 RE engine. I haven't decided on the engine, but probably another 61 RE with pipe. I'd think a 120 would rip the wings off.:D

Flyboy Dave 02-16-2005 01:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU

You put the 60FSR in that Aresti? Did you do some mods. (I hope :))

Yes, I have everything beefed up. The FSR spins an 11-7 1/2 @ 14K flat. That
"turbo" muffler gives it a boost. The FSR fit in like a glove, but it overpowered
the plane real bad. [:o]

Gary said he thought the Arresti was faster than the .40 F-20....[X(]

piper_chuck 02-16-2005 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU
Piperchuck - My Small Supra Fly was an ARF (I was a kid) and I flew it, oh, maybe 200 flights before a radio hit-

Loved her, had an OS-28FSR (or "F") in it, can't recall---
I've heard alot of good things about the plane. Bought it not long before I took a long break from the hobby. It's on my short list to build, but not sure if it's at the top. Got to decide if the next one will be sport (such as the Supra Fly or HOB Chea pass stick), speed (Shrike 10 with K&B 3.5cc, Hiperbee with a .15, or GP F-15), or scale (Midwest Clipped wing T-Craft, Marutaka P-51, F4U, Little Half, or several others). So many decisions...

Meanwhile, my new WM P-51 is ready for its first flight and the wife's nagging me about building some cabinets.

I think OS had dropped the SR by the time they released the 28F. I can check the engine chart tonight. I've still got one, with a heli head. Great engine.