RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Extreme Speed Prop Planes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/)
-   -   GIANT Diamond Dust... be very afraid (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/extreme-speed-prop-planes-104/5512533-giant-diamond-dust-very-afraid.html)

twigster 03-05-2007 03:27 AM

GIANT Diamond Dust... be very afraid

1 Attachment(s)
what is that saying?

a picture speaks a thousand... uh, i forget

anyway, check it out!:D

ChuckL 03-05-2007 09:22 AM

RE: GIANT Diamond Dust... be very afraid

What is the wing span and what size engine, I might have to build one just what I need another Delta. Oh well you can never have to many.

Smooth Spanky 03-05-2007 10:24 AM

That is too cool twigster. Love a glow delta with landing gear. How about some video now?

MJD 03-05-2007 10:51 AM

Yuck, wheels!!! [:'(] Why not drag a parachute behind it?

Otherwise cool. Does that right wing tip need a shot with the heat gun or is that just the photo? :)

Specs?

ChuckL 03-05-2007 10:56 AM

Ya I agree no wheels for me

twigster 03-05-2007 02:14 PM

humm, i don't know any offical specs... around 4 1/2 foot span at the T.E.

on the one in the pic, it' a zenoa 23 i'm pretty sure,,
jeff is testing out different power sources...
clocked at 80mph, this one is not a speed demon, still spins super fast and flys like a dust...

i have seen one with a Moki 180, and the yellow one was electric for a while, too.

i'll hit up Jeff for some more specs... he's planning on framing up two more this week,
hopefully i will get to hang out and help/learn. he is working something out, and the giant dust
may get kitted some time in the not so distant future... i don't think it's related to the morris hobbies thing...
(i even heard the possibility of an ARF DUST?? hummm)

i'll put up any info i hear! i'm pretty stoked on the giant dust.. talk about a head turner at the field!!

twigster 03-05-2007 02:19 PM

yeah, the wheels are more for the take off than the landing....

i think hand lauching this bad boy could get a bit hairy!

i don't see what you see on the right wing tip... in the photo in the air , you can see the small skids on the wing tips,,

just so you guys know, THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT! Jeff is totally in the R&D phase, so nothing is set in stone.

MJD 03-05-2007 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: twigster

yeah, the wheels are more for the take off than the landing....

i think hand lauching this bad boy could get a bit hairy!

i don't see what you see on the right wing tip... in the photo in the air , you can see the small skids on the wing tips,,

just so you guys know, THIS IS AN EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT! Jeff is totally in the R&D phase, so nothing is set in stone.
Oh I know, I was just having some fun. Big DD = cool! I thought I saw wrinkles under the ST in "DUST" but it could be something else. Doesn't matter! Fly on, make more! Yeah, HL of this might be a handful. He'd have a hard time talking me into it!

combatpigg 03-05-2007 08:58 PM

Ah, A REAL MAN would just hold it at full throttle in one hand, Xmitter in the other and do a vertical release......:D

twigster 03-09-2007 09:49 AM

i dunno man! could get a kinda sketchy!!

Jeff's next step in the R and D is plug in wing panels for the Giant...pretty cool.