Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

SL Engines Radial Engine Support Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

SL Engines Radial Engine Support Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 01:30 AM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SL Engines Radial Engine Support Thread

I would have to agree Jason...

I think what we are witnessing is the translation issues as well...

A very Nice engine...

What would it cost to purchase one of these?

Is it a 170cc radial??

I was wondering what the prop it swings...

I don't doubt you, but if it is less displacement (170cc) and a 7-cyl....
I don't see how it puts out more power than a Moki 250cc 5cyl.??

Usually the more cyl. the more drag....
Less cc's ussually means less air/fuel burning...

Was it the 150cc radial you were refering too??

Either way, it is a great engine....

I would like to have one....

But would also really like to see it run in the Yak!>...
Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 AM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: kochj

I would have to agree Jason...

I think what we are witnessing is the translation issues as well...

A very Nice engine...

What would it cost to purchase one of these?

Is it a 170cc radial??

I was wondering what the prop it swings...

I don't doubt you, but if it is less displacement (170cc) and a 7-cyl....
I don't see how it puts out more power than a Moki 250cc 5cyl.??

Usually the more cyl. the more drag....
Less cc's ussually means less air/fuel burning...

Was it the 150cc radial you were refering too??

Either way, it is a great engine....

I would like to have one....

But would also really like to see it run in the Yak!>...
The motor is 150cc and produces 14 HP and will swing a 32x10 prop with ease. The motor does have the same to a little bit more power than the Moki 215 not the 250. I think the Moki can swing a little bit bigger prop and more pitch due to the extra displacement. I am not 100% sure how the engine produces that power level but I do believe it has to do with the longer stoke and seven cylinders, I will get with Diego or maybe he can write here with a better explanation than I can produce. I will be sure to take plenty of video once I get the airplane built over on the FG thread under the name spookyeng. More information to follow.

MOTOR UPDATE:

Diego has notified me that my exhaust ring will be sent out this week and the refund will be cleared up this week also. The PRM website is being updated at this time and the engine name will be changed to PRM Engines 150. If you have not checked out the website, check it out. More to follow. Take care guys.

Jason
Old 11-01-2010, 11:36 AM
SLegines

ORIGINAL: PRMEngines

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ENGINES SL150 7 cilinder

The real son of a ***** who stole my site's password and all forums and SLengines, You Tube and my TTU Forum is you !!!!!!

And you're the one that when you realized that this was a good Bissnes for you you tried to do everything to steal SLengines slowly. You're just a ruin nth poor mechanical construction as there are many in the world, but very clever to fool people.

Are you the one with your words you said that we modelers are a bunch of fools. And you're the one who said that you basically only interested in making money with the engines and not for the sake of modeling. You're just a poor fool who tries to blackmail with threats of those who for years has been able to get apprezzre worldwide.

You soon will disappear with your engine copied from those who have always designed and built, because Luigi Spalla, the ones who created the SLengines, you're just a poor parasite that has succeeded in its own way around them and exploit it by taking advantage of my currently weak to fool me.

Do not you just have a working life to pay for all the commercial damage that you're creating .... and a promise!

But soon Verdemar results, THIEF OF COMPANIES !!!!!!!

Luigi

SL engines

www.slengines.com

Old 11-01-2010, 11:53 AM
SLegines

Your engines are worthless without the Deil apporovazione world of our model. You're just a poor MANUFACTURER MECHANICAL, not a model and you can not enter our world by mistake just because you have given it a chance.

You're nobody in the world of modeling here and back where you came from to make connecting rods for engines in trucks it suits you VERY MUCH.

Soon you'll understand who is SLengines.

Meccanica PRM this and the one who tried to steal SLengines
Old 11-01-2010, 06:24 PM
JRSmith

Luigi,

I am going to ask the same as I asked of Diego, please keep the personal company business out of the thread. I do not want this thread to be a battleground for you guys. This is a personal problem between you and Diego and really it should stay that way. I thank you for understanding and appreciate your input that you have made it the past. I hope things can work out and a civil resolution can be figured out.

The most important part of this thread is to be a common collection point for all that are interested in the motor. Internal company or partnership conflict should remain out of the thread. Thank you.

Jason
Old 11-04-2010, 09:51 AM
Radial77

Hmmm.... Things getting really messy?

Jason,

Got the prop 30x10 JXF. Fabricating the mount. Oil Stihl HPUltra. Will be running in soon. Will update here.

Sharman.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:36 AM
JRSmith

Sharman,

Good to hear please keep us updated. I should be ready to run the engine once I get it installed on the airplane. I will have some pictures to post tonight on my new throttle and choke arms from Kunkel. I am also going to be using a APS external fuel pump. I don't know if it is really needed but I already have it so why not. Steady .3 bar of pressure and with my tank location in the Yak should help out with the starts. More to follow. Take care.

Jason
Old 11-06-2010, 07:30 AM
JRSmith

Got the tracking info for the exhaust ring and refund for the software. I should have it by next week. I will post some pictures once I get it. Thanks.

Jason
Old 11-06-2010, 04:30 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: JRSmith

I do not want this thread to be a battleground for you guys.
Posts were removed.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Radial77

Jason,

What would be the best and safest way to attach cables for the throttle and choke. Is it advisable to use a servo for both or would there be a risk of the choke opening up when priming. Can you post some pics of your setup.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:14 AM
JRSmith

ORIGINAL: Radial77

Jason,

What would be the best and safest way to attach cables for the throttle and choke. Is it advisable to use a servo for both or would there be a risk of the choke opening up when priming. Can you post some pics of your setup.

Sharman,

I am planning on running a choke servo (JR DS821) and a JR DS8231 on the throttle. I am using carbon push-rods and titanium rod ends from Central hobbies with 4-40 hiem joints, I have used this in the past and like using the carbon pushrods. I have not decided on the throttle and choke arms yet. I have a set from PSP MFG and a set from Kunkel. I like the Kunkel arms but the PSP arms fit better in this application so I will probable use them. The PSP arms are the tear dropped shaped ones that require you to drill and tap your own linkage holes. I am starting to work on the throttle and choke setup now and will post progress over on my FG thread. I will also post final pictures of the set-up here to help others who are not following the other thread. Here are the pictures of the different arm set-ups along with the fuel pump I am going to be using. Talk to you later.

Jaosn
Old 11-15-2010, 09:35 PM
JRSmith

I got a nice surprise today! The exhaust ring showed up and it is beautiful. Great work Diego and crew! I also got the refund for the Software and USB cable just as Diego said he would do. Excellent!
Please check out the thread on FG "Hempel 170CC Yak 55m with SL150 Radial Assembly thread" for a updates as the airplane is built up. Not too much longer and I should start running it, just waiting on a Spark Switch from Powerbox for my ignition and fuel pump. I am planning on putting the smoke tap near the top of the exhaust ring to make sure the oil gets heated up. Talk to you guys later.

Jason
Old 11-16-2010, 10:57 AM
JRSmith

I temp installed the ring and it fits great. A very small amount of prying with a small screwdriver to a couple of bolts holes to line up but not bad considering 21 total cap screws need to be in alignment. My biggest worry was stripping the aluminum threads in the head but I only had one screw that was a little difficult but with a little work to align it using that small screwdriver took care of it. My camera ran out of battery life so the only pictures I have at this time, is with the cowl on. This engine and exhaust ring fit great on this airplane, almost like the engine was made for it. Total weight of the engine, exhaust ring, and ignition is 13.55 pounds.

I took the ring back off so I can install the smoke tap. A question on location. I understand that the tap should be at the top of the ring to make sure the oil get heated up but is it better to mount it on the aft or forward portion of the ring or for that matter on the ID or OD? Sorry for the noob question but this is the first time I am running smoke and want to make sure that I get it right the first time. The ring is expensive and I don't want to screw it up. Take it easy.

Jason
Old 01-10-2011, 04:18 AM
JRSmith

Couple of pictures of the radial during final installation in the Yak. Should be this weekend for the initial test runs and possible flight. Take care.

Jason
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29240.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1545162   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86507.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1545163  
Old 01-16-2011, 07:06 AM
JRSmith

Will got the first couple of runs in on the motor and it is a good runner, super easy starter and good transition. A few issues to work out but nothing that we can't figure out. The max RPM we could get was about 4,800 then as we ran the motor, the RPM was dropping to max of 4,200 rpm, little concerned about the drop. I only made minor changes to the needles, max of a blade width from the factory and they stated that they were able to get 5,280 rpm. I have tried to duplicate the factory set-up. The only change is the weather, electric fuel pump, I am using 100LL AVGAS. Needle setting from the factory were high 1.75 and low 1.25. I will post more as I get it sorted out. First impression are very good and if this motor continues to be produced, I can recommend it once they get all the business items worked out. Great job on this engine! Link to the video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oowD27AQWw[/youtube]

Additionally, here is what the plugs looked like after the engine run. Temps during the engine run average 170-190 F on all cylinders with #5 being the hottest. Take care guys and sorry for the long delay in the first engine runs.

Jason
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32300.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1548758  
Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 PM
tango28charlie

Hello All. I am interested in possibly using this engine on a 1/3 scale Waco, but I have some questions. It sounds like the engine has oil inside the sump, rather than having a total loss lubrication system where the fuel mix is run through the crankcase like the Moki engines. Is this true? If so, why is it required to still mix oil with the fuel? Thanks in advance.

Charlie
Old 08-05-2011, 04:42 AM
JRSmith

ORIGINAL: tango28charlie

Hello All. I am interested in possibly using this engine on a 1/3 scale Waco, but I have some questions. It sounds like the engine has oil inside the sump, rather than having a total loss lubrication system where the fuel mix is run through the crankcase like the Moki engines. Is this true? If so, why is it required to still mix oil with the fuel? Thanks in advance.

Charlie
Charlie,

The oil was used for the front distribution gears instead of the grease that the Moki uses, to the best of my knowledge. You still need to mix oil and fuel. I hope this helps.

In respect to the engine, I do not know when it will ever be available. I can not recommend it to anybody right now. I sent my motor back to PRM Italy for repairs on January 26, 2011 and I still have not got it back. The cylinder heads leaked oil and fuel were they screwed onto the cylinders. Six months have passed with spotty communication and nothing in return. Then on July 11, 2011, I received this message from Diego.....

diego to me

show details Jul 11

Hi Jason,

I sold the design of engines, the buyer has all your names to continue to provide assistance.
I am out of my company 20 days a month, I can not continue to manage the engine department.
You will be contacted by the new owners. Perhaps they will keep the brand because it's all ready for marketing.

Diego Lazzarini

That was the last time I heard anything from Diego and PRM. Three E-mail have been sent out asking for contact information of these "new" owners, were my engine is or refund if not going to return my motor, and nothing from Diego or the company that bought the design. With all the mechanical issues the motor was having I asked for a refund numerous time and the answer I got was "go ask Luigi for the money since you paid him and I (Diego) never got the money from him(Luigi)" So as it stand right now I have been ripped off for approximately $3,250.00. I am not sure if I will ever get a working motor or the refund of any sort I am owed from either Diego, the new company, or Luigi. None of these guys want to stand up and do the right thing, so I will advise you guys to stay away. I have all the e-mail traffic if you guys would ever like to read it.

Please read my thread on F$%ing G%^nts (Hempel 170cc Yak 55m with SL 150 Radial engine) in the build thread sub-forums. My username there is Spookyeng. It spells out everything that happen.

My recommendation would be to buy the Moki and never look back. That is what I did for my Yak and I should have my new Moki 250 today.

Don't get me wrong though, the SL/PRM150 is a nice motor in theory and it did start every time, idled well, and ran fairly well factoring in the problems with the cylinder heads leaking. It still required tweaking before coming to market to work out all the bugs. I believed in the motor, Luigi and then Diego and was let down by all three with nothing to show for it except for frustration, lost time and money!!

I wish I had better news but these are the facts and who know the fate of the engine. I wish you guys all the best and if you guys ever want to talk about it off line, drop me a PM or give me a call. Take care.

Jason
Old 08-05-2011, 12:34 PM
tango28charlie

Thanks for the heads up, Jason. That stinks, it looked like a good engine. I was hoping to find something that didn't require mixed fuel and oil because I wanted the plane to smell scale running on 100LL rather than smelling like a chain saw. I originally was interested in the 3W 256 radial but that never materialized, either.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:37 AM
JRSmith

ORIGINAL: tango28charlie

Thanks for the heads up, Jason. That stinks, it looked like a good engine. I was hoping to find something that didn't require mixed fuel and oil because I wanted the plane to smell scale running on 100LL rather than smelling like a chain saw. I originally was interested in the 3W 256 radial but that never materialized, either.
Charlie,

No problem. I do not want you guys to make the same mistake I did. It would be cool to have some sort of dry sump or wet sump gas radial. Take care and all the best.

Jason
Old 09-13-2011, 09:40 AM
JRSmith

Just a quick update guys. Over two months now with no contact from PRM. So not sure what is going to come from them, but I am going to keep trying to get something back from these guys. Until proven otherwise is turns out that Diego and Luigi were both crooks. Take care.

Jason
Old 02-18-2012, 10:57 AM
SL.engines

Hello Jeson,

I hope you have finally realized the truth and please tell everyone why they need not fear to have lost money. I'm waiting for the Italian judiciary to do its job but I will help you solve your problem with my. Do not disclose my news but communicates to others that I am always here and I follow everything from afar until I have my truth.

Luigi
Old 02-18-2012, 11:01 AM
SL.engines

Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 PM
j.weel

So here the brand SL engines dies an eurly deth
Is there anyone here that stil has one of these engines
I have very good contakts with some engine diciners in holand were i live
the SL engine is bacicly a rip of of the brouwn bear 7 cilinder radial that works with the same lubrication
cistem fore over 20 jears now
The SL engine lookt very nice thats the only diverence
If somone stil hase one of these engines i micht be abole to revurce engeneer this engine
And inproofe were necesery

If jason atleest gets his engine back i can repair it fore him

jason thank jou fore the email jou send to me true my websjop
if have jou engine back i wil repair it for jou
only postal costs no ouwers or materials

I think its sad that a company dus things like this so

Leeve it to the cjeep dutch pepole to solve al the sjit in europe
Its aparently what we do best

Old 02-21-2012, 04:18 AM
SL.engines

Jason holds all the documentation and receipt of money paid by me and by me Jeson paid PRM for its engine. I'm always here for my customers. But as soon the truth will surface as is happening with infagini fact, Jason has already seen that I was right.
Clearly that was nicked but not by me. I, however, if jeson able to have the engine in my hand I can fix.

That's all I can do ...

Luigi
Old 02-21-2012, 04:26 AM
SL.engines

The SL. engines is not dead and only stops for investigations pending against the PRM who stole and sold the patent to other similar name. The company that bought and investigated for buying a stolen project.
Now there are very intense investigation against this company that was hired to make the engines for the SL engines.

At this moment we are working to design engines for ULM radial 2500cc 110 Hp and models of aircraft 150cc 400cc Gas.

Put on line the new brand with the new site.

But this will take time.

Luigi Spalla

SL engines

ORIGINAL: j.weel

So here the brand SL engines dies an eurly deth
Is there anyone here that stil has one of these engines
I have very good contakts with some engine diciners in holand were i live
the SL engine is bacicly a rip of of the brouwn bear 7 cilinder radial that works with the same lubrication
cistem fore over 20 jears now
The SL engine lookt very nice thats the only diverence
If somone stil hase one of these engines i micht be abole to revurce engeneer this engine
And inproofe were necesery

If jason atleest gets his engine back i can repair it fore him

jason thank jou fore the email jou send to me true my websjop
if have jou engine back i wil repair it for jou
only postal costs no ouwers or materials

I think its sad that a company dus things like this so

Leeve it to the cjeep dutch pepole to solve al the sjit in europe
Its aparently what we do best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.