Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

New Forum Upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 02:19 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Forum Upgrades!

We just upgraded the forums! Here's what we've added:

- Inline (no popup) Posting and Replying! You can change this on your settings page if you prefer the pop-up method.

- Intelligent Subscriptions. In your settings you can opt to only receive an email of a new post if you haven't been back to the forums since it was posted.

- Go to Most Recent Post. In a thread listing the "down arrow" is back! It takes you to the most recent post in that thread.

- Automatic Subscriptions. In your settings, you can choose to subscribe to all threads in which you post, by default.

We have other enhancements coming shortly! Thanks for your patience.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:37 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: New Forum Upgrades!

And more importantly than any of those above, we now have the down arrow in the "See new posts since last visit" that goes to the most recent unread post.

Yahoo.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, the online/offline feature is back!
Old 10-29-2003, 04:12 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

You guys are awake!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 04:16 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Any chance of alphabetizing the "Online Users"??
Old 10-29-2003, 06:17 PM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks very much Marc.
The change in the method of posting replies alone is dramatic and a huge improvement! [X(]

I'll go look at the rest.
Dennis-
Old 10-29-2003, 06:25 PM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

Thanks

For the additions and new options'

*Inline /pop-up option

*Alphabetitized Users list

*Quote Button, changes the 'highlight' then click 'post reply' method but I like the Button
Also now you have to watch which 'Quote Original' is quoted when you click 'Post Reply' from top or bottom.

*Hide Birthdate option

*Full features added to Fast Reply no more trying to remember the tag's

*The annoying close and refresh pop-up box when "Mark this forum read" is gone
Also, on the fast reply if you click CANCEL to re-type it refreshes the whole page, instead of re-setting text.

Now the other stuff that's left

[]'My Forums' page does not refresh post's as read, Probably still in the workz??

[]'Parent forum' Time still -5 hrs out-of sync with other pages, no biggie"

[]'Search feature, pop-up color scheme window, Drop Down >> Forums>>My Forums still not in continuity.

little stuff still exists, But overall it works much better now
Old 10-29-2003, 06:32 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: ChuckAuger

but of course...it is done!
Old 10-29-2003, 06:35 PM
Mike in DC

ORIGINAL: mkranitz-rcu
- Go to Most Recent Post. In a thread listing the "down arrow" is back! It takes you to the most recent post in that thread.
I don't undestand. Was it ever gone? Any chance we can get the down arrow at the top of the page of posts, like in the old RCU?

We have other enhancements coming shortly! Thanks for your patience.
That's great!

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but here's some more requests that I'll be patient for:

1. No settings in cookies. Every time I delete cookies, the avatars come back!

2. Database storage of posts that have been read, for us multiple computer guys.

3. The black dot in the middle of the icon that shows that you have a post in the thread.

4. Move the "new post" indicator back to the left side of the post.

5. Fix the double "My forums" click. (Might have something to do with #2.) On 2 out of 3 of my computers I still need to click "My Forums" twice. (The first click shows all forums.)
Old 10-29-2003, 06:45 PM
ChuckAuger

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

but of course...it is done!
Just noticed that! Thanks..!!

Now, while I have your attention... I mentioned this in the "Problems" some time back, but it got swept away.

When you go into a Forum that has a Sub-Forum imbedded at the top of the main forum, Like the "ProBro" Forum imbedded in the "Fun FLy and Profile Planes" Forum, the time of the last post in the sub forum is off by 5 hours. Right now, the last post in the "Radio Mfgs Direct" forum was made at 5:05 PM. If you just go to the "Radio" main forum, it says the last post in the "Radio Mfg" Forum was 12:05PM. SAme post, 5 hrs different.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:49 PM
mvigod
Banned

have you set your time zone in your settings page yet? try it again as it must be set server side now. everyone may need to reset their settings page to take effect on the server now those settings which were previously cookie based.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:13 PM
ChuckAuger

You don't understand..the time in the main forum is correct. The time in the sub-forum is correct. The time of the last post in the collapsed sub-forum is incorrect when viewed from the main forum. Go to the radio forum. Note the time of the last post in the Mfg sub forum. Open that post and note the time. Note that it is 5 hrs different than what it said when viewed from the Radio forum.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:24 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I really don't know the changes you made but I find that I like the flow of the forums a LOT better. Thanks for the improvements
Old 10-29-2003, 07:42 PM
mvigod
Banned

You don't understand..the time in the main forum is correct. The time in the sub-forum is correct. The time of the last post in the collapsed sub-forum is incorrect when viewed from the main forum. Go to the radio forum. Note the time of the last post in the Mfg sub forum. Open that post and note the time. Note that it is 5 hrs different than what it said when viewed from the Radio forum.

chuck,

I see it now. I'll fix it. thanks.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:46 PM
ChuckAuger

Thanks! Not an earth shattering problem in the grand scheme of things, but can be confusing.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Live Wire

After all this you mean I can on
RCU ,not have the problems, with being blown out. I hate regestering every time I get blown out and still not being able to start a thread. Sorry if I sound mad but , I get blown out jut pushing the left mouse, Security is what it is for , PoP up's hell. When are you going to quite changeing things.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:56 PM
mvigod
Banned

RC Outlaw,

your message is unclear. The issues are fixed.

We have to changeout only the PM code and upload image pop code for those who have poorly written popup software but other than that everything is pretty much solved.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:56 PM
bentgear

Marc, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

You have just returned some of what I thought were the BEST FEATURES of the old RCU.

Thanks again.

Ed M.
Old 10-29-2003, 09:49 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

please bring back the icon that shows that a thread contains pics, comes in handy when i get bored

dave
Old 10-29-2003, 11:00 PM
Deadeye

ORIGINAL: RC Outlaw

After all this you mean I can on
RCU ,not have the problems, with being blown out. I hate regestering every time I get blown out and still not being able to start a thread. Sorry if I sound mad but , I get blown out jut pushing the left mouse, Security is what it is for , PoP up's hell. When are you going to quite changeing things.
W00t! Love the quote feature being back on track! RC Outlaw, download the google toolbar at www.google.com . It will block the popups. If they aren't from here, do a spybot check. Download Spybot (do a Google search in your new toolbar), and run it. Running Spybot will disable file sharing programs such as iMesh and Kazaa, and MOST freeware like Weatherbug, Gator, and 'Save Now'. If you download 'Kazaa Lite"(another google search) it will work the same as Kazaa, only with the spyware removed.

I don't get ANY popups from this site, as the google pop-up blocker tells you whenever it blocks one. But it's never told me it has blocked one from here. Give it a try.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:36 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

It's about time!
Old 10-29-2003, 11:37 PM
wizbow

Key I would like to know if you's could start a new forum on Airboat pics and info please. When I say Airboats I mean the type that they use on the everglades. Thanks Reece
Old 10-30-2003, 01:01 AM
mvigod
Banned

It's funny...when something is wrong I get 1000 posts but when it's all fixed the silence is deafening

Anyway I apologize for the fixes taking so long to come online. I had not anticipated it would take this long. I figured it would be maybe 2 weeks after the changeover.

The remaining goodies for the forums and the gallery are in the works. Thanks for your patience and tell your buddies the forums are fixed if they had posting problems or were frustrated by the beta which took longer than expected.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:14 AM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

The one problem that I have is that the "Display topics for last:" option will not hold the setting. Each day I go in and set it to 1 day and the next day, it is back to the default 30 day setting. I don't know if this is a server setting or a cookie setting but I assume that it is in the cookies. I don't have a problem with any other setting, just that one.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:21 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: mkranitz-rcu

We just upgraded the forums! Here's what we've added:

- Inline (no popup) Posting and Replying! You can change this on your settings page if you prefer the pop-up method.

Are the other pop-ups gonna disappear sometime soon too ?

Thanks,
Gordon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.