Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12z range problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 03:50 AM
chris elliott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12z range problem

I have a UK frequency 12z. It's range seems to be about a 1/4 of either my WC2 or my 9z.(Yes the arial is screwed in fully, yes I hadn't cleaned the arial with oil, yes, I had moved over the channel assignments to the new 12z standard, yes it affects more than one model)

Is there any known issue with using frequncy synthesised transmitters with "Ordinary" (Shultze PPM/PCM ordinary sized or micro receivers)?

Chris
Old 07-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12z range problem

There have been some issues with some non-Futaba receivers not working well with synthesized Futaba transmitters. Where the transmitter allows, changing to a fixed-frequency module solved the difficulty. With the 12Z and 14MZ, that's not possible. To insure bets possible operation, use a Futaba receiver with your Futaba transmitters. Futaba cannot assure that non-Futaba equipment is fully-compatible with other items of Futaba equipment. Futaba can only guarantee that Futaba components will work together without difficulties.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:12 AM
chris elliott

Bill,
Thankyou for your honesty.

Why isn't this incompatibility called out on your literature? I now have 3 options, none of which are pleasant

1. Get a full refund for the equipment. This transmitter is sold for $1800-$2000 in the UK, and to find that it won't work, when it's predecessors did, makes it basically useless.

2. Change all of my receivers to Futaba. Who pays for that?. I've got 14 models. At Futaba current prices that's $1400-$1600

3. Wait for you to bring out a fix, or a fixed frequency unit. Is that likely? If so, when will it happen?

Bill, why actively market something that isn't fit for purpose?

Chris
Old 07-31-2006, 10:44 AM
Bax

Futaba can only assure that all of their receivers will operate with their transmitters, as long as the transmission type, coding, and channel is correct. They cannot guarantee compatibility with equipment they do not design, manufacture, or market. It is up to third-party manufacturers of equipment to insure compatibility with the different brands they intend it to work with.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:56 AM
chris elliott

Bill,
I guess my point is that it was Futaba that changed the game. These receivers worked perfectly well with your previous products such as the 9 and the WC2.

In the world that I come from, if something that used to work doesn't work now, the first question that I ask is "What's different?"

In this case it was Futaba that changed the world, and therefore its Futaba that should sort out the ensuing problems.

This is a known fault - does Futaba intend to issue a fix? If so, when?

Chris
Old 08-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Bax

The non-compatibility of some receivrs with Futaba transmitters equipped with synthesized frequency modules has been known for some time in other Futaba transmitters.

Again, it is not Futaba's responsibility to ensure that their transmitters operate any receiver the user may desire to use. They can only assure you that their receivers operate correctly with their own transmitters. If a particular piece of non-Futaba equipment is not compatible with Futaba equipment, then it is that maker's job to make it so, if that is their goal, not Futaba's.

One more thing...Futaba cannot guarantee that their equipment is suited for a particular individual's needs or use. If a particular Futaba transmitter does not suit your needs, then it is certainly not the one for you.