Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

WillHobby Up to no good again.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

WillHobby Up to no good again.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WillHobby Up to no good again.

Will Hobbies was running up on Ebay for a while. They just got the ban from EBay for not shipping products, and what they were shipping were defective.

I ordered the E-2C from them, before things started to go bad, but I guess I was one of the first ones to get hit.

Beware this scammer!
Old 01-20-2008, 12:56 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: WillHobby Up to no good again.

Sorry to see this. My experience has been that their stuff is above average for Chinese stuff.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:26 AM
KentuckyColonel

I won the FW 190 in auction through the ebay store, also before hearing so much negative comments. I made several attempts to get shipment conformation, to no avail. I got my email from ebay today letting me know the WillHobby Ebay Store had its trading privileges revoked. Hope I get my refund through PayPal!
Old 01-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Evil_Merlin

Kentucky, yep, I got the same email and have lodged the complaint with PayPal. Its not a tonne of money but enough to get me very pissed off.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:33 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

You have to be careful with these guys , they started as New York Grace -US/Exclusive distributor for Willshobby , then they burnt so many people on ebay that they changed there name to willshobby . I noted this in my rcgroups post . I bought the seafury , the plane was good but the plane stated "retract ready " not even close and the seller rated us as lieing buyers "lol .
THe issues with ebay is they totally dont care about the little guy , they love the power seller and so many will lose until ebay does something .
Willshobby is also sold under "general hobby " so becareful who knows how many other names they will use . You can actully get there site in China and they will never ever reapopnd to an email .
Some interesting facts , wills was going to team up with the original importer in Pa who sold CMP under the name "Giant Scale PLanes " they were going to introduce all composite plane , perhaps wills got wind of the shipping issues with GSP and backed out .
Now as we all know CMP lost there exclusive contract with CMP and NItro RC picked it up .
Also one more thing , your always takeing a chance on ebay regardless of seller ratings , so I email the buyers on items similar to what I want to buy , this way you get a fellow RC person telling you there real thoughts
Old 01-20-2008, 06:34 AM
LDM

sorry meant to say GSP --Giant scale plane--lost there exclusive contract with CMP
Old 01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
KentuckyColonel

ORIGINAL: LDM

You have to be careful with these guys , they started as New York Grace -US/Exclusive distributor for Willshobby , then they burnt so many people on ebay that they changed there name to willshobby . I noted this in my rcgroups post . I bought the seafury , the plane was good but the plane stated "retract ready " not even close and the seller rated us as lieing buyers "lol .
THe issues with ebay is they totally dont care about the little guy , they love the power seller and so many will lose until ebay does something .
Willshobby is also sold under "general hobby " so becareful who knows how many other names they will use . You can actully get there site in China and they will never ever reapopnd to an email .
Some interesting facts , wills was going to team up with the original importer in Pa who sold CMP under the name "Giant Scale PLanes " they were going to introduce all composite plane , perhaps wills got wind of the shipping issues with GSP and backed out .
Now as we all know CMP lost there exclusive contract with CMP and NItro RC picked it up .
Also one more thing , your always takeing a chance on ebay regardless of seller ratings , so I email the buyers on items similar to what I want to buy , this way you get a fellow RC person telling you there real thoughts
All true, but this is my first bad experience on ebay, and I have purchased more than one thing on it. Matter of fact, I'm sitting here looking at a couple of Luftwaffe pilot figures, (Hey, they're action figures, not dolls!) that I got on ebay to put into my line of larger German planes I was starting to build. Of course the first plane was the WillHobby FW190 that I got shafted with! Now they just stand there, looking at me with that, "Hey, Colonel, where's my plane?" look on their faces!Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39231.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	856529  
Old 01-20-2008, 10:55 PM
LDM

I happened to pick up a nice FW190 on ebay from Jettech , it has most of the format of a CMP , but the flaps are split in a scale like manner .
I agree with purchasing on ebay , I have purchasd many planes vs my past with Tower .
I was only saying becareful , my current fleet is 1)ebay 2)Horizon 3)Tower
Old 01-20-2008, 11:18 PM
KentuckyColonel

ORIGINAL: LDM

I happened to pick up a nice FW190 on ebay from Jettech , it has most of the format of a CMP , but the flaps are split in a scale like manner .
I agree with purchasing on ebay , I have purchasd many planes vs my past with Tower .
I was only saying becareful , my current fleet is 1)ebay 2)Horizon 3)Tower
I agree 100%, buyer beware!
Old 01-20-2008, 11:42 PM
kram
My Feedback: (7)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my experience and opinion of ebay.

I signed on to bid a charity auction for some kayaks for a friend whose kids died in a car wreck.....won the auction, got the kayaks, but then me and everyone who bid on the kayaks was inundated with con artists claiming they had the merchandise and trying to under-sell and re-sell them. I alone got about a dozen serious attempts to scam me, and I tried to draw them out so I could pinch their heads off, but of course they were way too professionally slippery for me and eBay's policing mechanisms seem inadequate or apathetic or just plain non-existent. I got the impression that ebay is a honey pot which is constantly swarmed by scammers looking to pounce on any opportunity and ebay has basically given up trying to do anything about it. PayPal isn't much better. I get no less than 10-15 phishes a month from my account there.

It left such a bad taste in my mouth, I asked to be un-registered from eBay immediately. That was the only thing that got their attention. They acted like I was a criminal....warned me I couldn't re-register for six months, don't try to register under another name, etc...

I think the only way I would use eBay is to find something for sale, then drive to the seller's house, pay for it and pick it up!

mt
Old 01-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Evil_Merlin

Honestly, I've spent thousands of dollars on Ebay, mostly on RC stuff, and this is the first time I've been burned ever. I've had an account since the first year Ebay opened too.

From ebay thus far I've gotten my:

1.) ParkZone T-28
2.) Spektrum DX7 radio
3.) Three recievers for the Spektrum
4.) About two dozen digital servos
5.) Batteries out the ying-yang
6.) EFlight Blade CX2 chopper (with 2.4 Ghz radio)

and on and on.

Its most assuredly a Buyer Beware market, which requires you to pay attention and use something like PayPal to protect yourself as much as possible. I always make sure a Credit Card is my primary source of funds for PayPal, so should PayPal refuse to help, I can always go back and call my Credit Card to dispute the charges.

Yeah I'm a little miffed that some scumbags mess this up for us, as we all know the LHS's are slowly dying off... but its tempered with the stores I've done business with successully on Ebay./
Old 01-21-2008, 05:35 AM
LDM

I know this is not a post on Ebay , but as others said its a buyer beware . My two sons 14/16 collect cards with there hard earned money .They saved bought a box between them for $97 , thats a lot of work for money for two boys . The box was stated and sold as "new -unopened " very importnat in cards .
The boxed arrrived shrinked wrapped , they opened it and started to realize there was no "jershey cards" at all . You are guarenteed two per box , all the good cards were gone . I exampled the box , it was shrinked wrapped , but was taped on the bottom , eack pack had been opened and resealed .
After a major battle with the seller , no help from Ebay or paypal I did what my ancesters did best , haunt the sleezebag 24 hours a day , I emailed every person I could who was bidding on products from that seller because at the time ebay showed bidders . WIthen 14 days my sons were refunded 100% . Remember paypal is owned by ebay and ebay is driven by power sellers , so your on your own until you can really get there attention
Old 01-23-2008, 09:47 AM
fw190a8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my willhobby fw190 from hobby-4-less seller on ebay. The delivery took a little longer then expected but I would buy again from this seller. Hope that helps anyone thinking of buying one of these birds.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:59 PM
KentuckyColonel

ORIGINAL: fw190a8

I got my willhobby fw190 from hobby-4-less seller on ebay. The delivery took a little longer then expected but I would buy again from this seller. Hope that helps anyone thinking of buying one of these birds.
I have already contacted Hobby 4 Less about the FW 190. They responded to my first message right away. I sent a second asking if I could pick the plane up, as they are local. Haven't heard from them yet. They offer local pickup through their regular online sales, so I am hoping I can pick up the plane from a buy it now ebay sale. It'll save me not only the 60 bucks in shipping, but also about 60 bucks off the price of the plane.

I have made a lot of buys through ebay, not just RC stuff, but also a lot of Harley-Davidson stuff. I have never had a problem before. I will continue to look for deals on e-bay, but will bid with caution.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:28 AM
Carpilot

I also got my FW-190 from hobby 4 less on ebay, the delivery time was about 7 business days, I suspect he only ships once a week. The quality of the Will Hobby FW-190 is not bad considering the low cost. It was less than 200 bucks to my door.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:50 AM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On ebay, I have found that the label power seller is the first good sign to avoid to avoid that seller. I have had very good luck dealing with individuals who have 100% positive feedback with 50-500 sells. The actual R/C guys who are just selling there stuff are far more reliable in my opinion than these big Power Sellers. Usually the small guy will answer emails, and can actually give a real opinion of what he or she is selling. Those big Power Sellers are just moving product as much as they can and quickly as they can before the word gets out on them. The small guy usually has a reputation he or she wants to protect, and in most cases giving someone there word means something to them. When I am looking for a particular R/C item I normally check the RCU Marketplace first. Your fellow R/C person is less likely to give you a screwing in my opinion than these people on ebay who know very little about the product they sell, and care less about the people they are selling it to. Of course I don't want to label every Power Seller as bad, and in fact I have found a few good ones to deal with like RCBoyz, Toms R/C Sim, and some others, but you understand my point I hope, and that is try to find the small potatoes guy to deal with first who has steller feedback rating.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:00 PM
STYLIANOS

I recently bought a p-51d . Really bad choice, everything needs reconstructing, wrong dihedral, new firewall, and nothing fits right. The servo and retract slots need to be enlarge , poor quality, without instruction. Think it ten times before you buy a will hobby. I will throw this trash away and am going to buy the original from hangar 9. There is no way to put my beautiful saito 100 on a willhobby trash-plane.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:13 PM
KentuckyColonel

I was not so disappointed in my FW 190 as I was with the seller. When I finally did get the plane, it arrived in good condition and only required a little tweaking to get the robart spring/air retracts in. Otherwise, ot bad at all. Not scale, but close enough if one just wants to fly and not get into competitions with it.