Community
Search
Notices
Jet Central Turbines - Artes Jet Jet Central Turbines formerly the Artes Jet forum

5% oil ok for Rabbit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 12:19 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 5% oil ok for Rabbit?

hello, I'm new to Artes turbines and am interested in the Rabbit for my PST Panther.

I've read the manual and see that it runs 2.5% oil. My other turbine (purple) runs 5%. Can the Rabbit run 5% and still perform to spec?

Having to keep a different fuel mix on hand is definitely a deal breaker for me and I would choose one that I can run on the same mix. ie wren ss.

Kind regards,

Mike

Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 5% oil ok for Rabbit?

From what I've read about Artes Jet Central turbines, the only one that would be affected performance wise by more oil is the Super Bee. All other models should run fine on 5%.

I have a NIB Falcon that I will run on 5% as I have other turbines that require this ratio and cannot afford more than one Jersey Modeler Fueling system .

I'm sure Eric will chime in when he sees your post.

Bob
Old 12-31-2008, 06:14 PM
pilott28
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: luv2flyrc

hello, I'm new to Artes turbines and am interested in the Rabbit for my PST Panther.

I've read the manual and see that it runs 2.5% oil. My other turbine (purple) runs 5%. Can the Rabbit run 5% and still perform to spec?

Having to keep a different fuel mix on hand is definitely a deal breaker for me and I would choose one that I can run on the same mix. ie wren ss.

Kind regards,

Mike

I got one of the original Rabbits (#5) and have been running it successfully for a number of months on 5% without issue. I have never had a problem with 5% in any Jet Central engines in hundreds of flights.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:33 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Mike:

Thanks for the question. . .Responders are correct. Keith has absolutely no issues with running 5% oil in our Rabbit. As Meesh stated, only the Bee can act up with 5% oil as it may cause some difficulty with atomizing the fuel in the injectors. However, I being somewhat lazy use 5% mix ratio as well. Just overkill in the oil department!

Happy New Year,
Eric Clapp
Old 01-01-2009, 09:06 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fantastic,

thanks for the feedback fellows

Kind Regards,

Mike