Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 04:47 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Scan mode uses a unique set of channels each time so only one RX can lock into the TX. If you want to use multiple RX's you'll have to use Normal mode. Again, as noted in previous posts, we've used Normal mode even at large events like Joe Nall and IRCHA with zero issues.

Swapping "H" & "F" is a piece of cake... just unsolder them, swap them, and then re solder with the same wires on each side. You don't have to move the wires since they are both 2 position switches and assignable.

Mike.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:54 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Mike,
I have two E-7s, a Laser 6, and Cough,,, Cough,,, a 9CAPS. So as you can see I'm a long time Hitec customer. Will be placing an A9 order with Tower in a few minutes... now where is that credit card???
Old 12-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

Howard,

How are you controlling (activating) the flaps?

Mike.
I am using Flap Cont to control the flaps and a P Mix to lower the elevator. If I use the Flap Cont to the move the elevator then you have to move the LS up to move the flaps down (which I think is not intuitive) so I use a P Mix with Flap master and Elevator slave, slope both +/- with a straight line that moves down as you move the cursor from right to left and then use an offset so that the right side of the curve is at zero when flaps are full up and the left side is down when the flaps move down. I use SSpeed to slow the flaps. Hope that makes sense. I think I can take screen shots - maybe, but I could certainly give it a try.

Howard
Old 12-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Hey Mike since my A9 is out there somewhere, where can you get any Hitec Shirts, Hats, Aircraft Stickers, Thong Underware, etc...???
Old 12-23-2009, 05:37 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: Howard

Howard,

How are you controlling (activating) the flaps?

Mike.
I am using Flap Cont to control the flaps and a P Mix to lower the elevator. If I use the Flap Cont to the move the elevator then you have to move the LS up to move the flaps down (which I think is not intuitive) so I use a P Mix with Flap master and Elevator slave, slope both +/- with a straight line that moves down as you move the cursor from right to left and then use an offset so that the right side of the curve is at zero when flaps are full up and the left side is down when the flaps move down. I use SSpeed to slow the flaps. Hope that makes sense. I think I can take screen shots - maybe, but I could certainly give it a try.

Howard
Reverse the flap channels to reverse the way the slider activated the servos.

Try "Airbrake" which allows you to set the speed but it does affect both the Flap and Elev at the same time.

Mike.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:01 PM
89blackvert
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Prop_Washer2

Hey Mike since my A9 is out there somewhere, where can you get any Hitec Shirts, Hats, Aircraft Stickers, Thong Underware, etc...???

Yeah...!! Those of us waiting and waiting on our backorder for the A9 would luv to have some Hitec advertising items... possibility?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Yeah...I want a Hitec Thong...!!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 07:56 PM
tankengine

ORIGINAL: tankengine

You can get a start on 2.4 and convert your Eclipse here so you'll be ready when the Aurora arrives.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXCZ0&P=ML

Mike.
Hey MikeMayberrry Merry Christmas,

I've been reading about the Aurora 9 and would like to know.

I've been out of RC for 10 years and am just now getting back in and am awaiting the return from Radio South of my Futaba 9VHP transmitter on 72 mhz. I intend to continue using it on 72mhz for now.

I understand that I can purchase 2.4 modules and receivers from Hitec.
If I decide to convert it to 2.4 will the module in the aurora and the receivers work in my current 9VHP or will I need to purchase different modules and receivers from Hitec?

thanks for your help,

Tom Bufkin/tankengine
The Hitec Spectra 2.4 module, used in the Aurora and available separately, would work with your Futaba radio as long as it is capable of PPM (FM.)

Mike.

Thanks Mike,

What transmitters can be used with a buddy cord with the Aurora 9?

Thanks again,

Tom Bufkin/tankengine
Old 12-23-2009, 09:19 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: tankengine Thanks Mike, What transmitters can be used with a buddy cord with the Aurora 9? Thanks again, Tom Bufkin/tankengine
All previous Hitec TX and Futaba TX and other rebadged (re-branded)Hitec and Futaba TX subject to: -
Aurora A9Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up
as per
Aurora A9 Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips, (includes Spectra Pro and Optima RX features) . {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 12-24-2009, 04:57 AM
paul0367

Hi, I have received the Aurora 9 but there appears to be no voucher in the box for the claim of a second receiver. How do I claim, thanks for your help
Old 12-24-2009, 09:17 AM
zero244

I don't have this radio yet........but Ive heard Mike from Hitec mention it is included somewhere in the manual. If you cant find it, just call Hitec or refer this to Mike.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:30 AM
DougV

Paul,

I think that offer is good for the USA only at this time.

Doug.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:13 AM
RR24

Merry Xmas to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and may Santa put some RC stuff under the tree for you.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:16 AM
GhostRider32

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:20 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

ALL CHECK THIS OUT!!!!

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/ns/ma...ison_Chart.pdf
Old 12-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Mickzo

Merry Christmas to all, hope Santa brought plenty of RC goodies to all.

To Mike Mayberry,

when will hitec put a modelmatch type safety feature in the A9?
Maybe this can be added via a firmware update.
This is a feature I miss now that I've moved from my DX7.

When will 2.4Ghz park flyer receivers be available?

Final question, what was hitec thinking when they put a tiny little button to power down the module for range test? I need to use something pointy to push it. Think big buttons.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:53 PM
BuschBarber

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny you should mention BIG BIND BUTTONS.

I ran into a situation, twice, where I leaned a DX7 back against the side of a Test Stand, and turned it on. Little did I know that the 2x4 side of the Test Stand was just high enough to fit below the Tx handle and depress the BIG BIND BUTTON on the DX7. When I turned on the Rx, I had to ReBind. Once I ReBound, I set the Tx down on the stand, again, and when I leaned the Tx back, the BIG BIND BUTTON depressed and when I turned on the Tx, again, I had to ReBind, again. I finally realized what had happened. Several other club members with DX7's now know why they had to ReBind, on occasion.

I never had the problem with my 9303 (small bind button.

Keep the bind button smalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llll.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:19 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: Mickzo

Merry Christmas to all, hope Santa brought plenty of RC goodies to all.

To Mike Mayberry,

when will hitec put a modelmatch type safety feature in the A9?
Maybe this can be added via a firmware update.
This is a feature I miss now that I've moved from my DX7.

When will 2.4Ghz park flyer receivers be available?

Final question, what was hitec thinking when they put a tiny little button to power down the module for range test? I need to use something pointy to push it. Think big buttons.
Model Match is a patented technology. However, you still must confirm your model and select "Yes" to transmit. This is your opportunity to make sure you have the proper model selected.

Be aware that the size and weight of the Optima 6/7 make them perfectly suitable for Park Flyers, and with the case removed they weigh just over 0.25oz. (8g/10g)

FYI: Hitec "Factory Pilot" Brandon Chitty uses the Optima 7 in his indoor competition aircraft (Fancy Foam Maxima) that weighs 8oz, as well as his 170CC DA powered 42% Aeroworks Yak, so the Optima RX's are very versatile.

The smaller/lighter (non telemetry) RX's should be available around late Q1 2010.

Mike.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:38 PM
firehopper

mine was under the manual on the top of the foam inside the box.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:51 PM
BuschBarber

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In a previous post above, Doug stated that the voucher is only good for product shipped within the US. Paul lives in the UK.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:52 AM
tankengine

Merry Christmas everyone,

Currently where is the least expensive pricing on the Aurora 9 w/ 9 channel receiver and how do you obtain two 7 channel receivers and when?

Also, how would I interface a buddy cord with a Futaba 9VHP? Where do I get the cable/cables?

Ho! Ho! Ho!

thanks,

Tom Bufkin/tankengine
Old 12-25-2009, 11:03 AM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

At this time Troy Built Models has the BEST Price!! Order online to get one!! There arent many left!!
Old 12-25-2009, 12:50 PM
GhostRider32

Troybuiltmodels may have the same price as some others but they were going to charge me $14 for shipping so I went elsewhere. If you want it next week, you may have to order from there. If you want to wait a few weeks when dealers get their next supply, you can get it from here for $389.99 plus $2.50 shipping.

http://shop.tomsrc.com/index.php?cPath=21
Old 12-25-2009, 01:50 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: tankengine <snip></snip>would I interface a buddy cord with a Futaba 9VHP? Where do I get the cable/cables? Tom Bufkin/tankengine
When used as a Master TXwith any other TX as a Slave, theslave TX must be set on PPM
Aurora: Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up.Aurora - Simulator function Set-up
Aurora A9 Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips, (includes Spectra Pro and Optima RX features) . {frequently updated}
Order cable and adapter, if required, via LHS or in needan OLS.

Note, manual held forFutaba 9VHP TX indicates it is PCM only and no Trainer input socket isbuilt in.If indeed your TX does have a trainer socket and can be set to PPM, then above references apply.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 12-25-2009, 04:54 PM
flycolorado

Merry Christmas all! I've been watching this post for several months anticipating a Christmas A9. A few weeks ago I decided to save my $ and just convert my Super 8U. I bought a module and receiver from my LHS and love it. I have had my 8U for longer than I can remember and have used it on electrics, nitro helis, gas helis, nitro planes, and gas planes. It's familiar and a pain to program but it still works well. I had the opportunity to see how the low battery tel. works (testing only, not in a plane), and I'm delighted to see my old radio will now yell at me when the receiver battery is low! I was disappointed (tongue in cheek) when I set to low power mode to range check (and get it to beep at me) and I could not get it to go "out of range". By the way... I was in my house (small) and it was too cold to go outside to do it proper BUT I had a 1000 watt microwave oven cooking a couple corn dogs between me and the receiver while I was using a 2.4 cordless phone. That's a lot of interference in close proximity and the reviver never skipped a beat! That's pretty cool in my opinion! By the way Santa (the wife) bought me a Futaba 8FG. I had no idea she errr... he was even listening to my plans for upgrading my radio! I don't care for the radio display or ergonimics and the price of receivers will keep me from keeping the radio so... back to the hobby shop it goes. I hope to be able to exchange it for an A9, if not it's for sale... $400 takes it. I'll just have to give my trusty 8U to my 6 year old to fly with the new 4 stroke powered Hobbystar he just got.

Thanks for all the great info!

Happy Holidays!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.