Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Align 3gx flight vibration

Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

Align 3gx flight vibration

Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Big Windy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Align 3gx flight vibration

I have a Raptor X50TT that flys fine with a Flybar. I took off the head, added the RJX head and the Align 3gx Version 2.0 and the vibration is so bad I can not get it airborne. I forced it up once to a low hover and put it back down as it was nearly uncontrollable.

I have done the Dir setup repeatedly with no change. All seems to preflight test ok. The Ail and Elev controls are set at 8 degrees. It seems sensitive.

I am using the same blades I had for the Flybar flight, could that cause the heli to be radically different?

I have fought this thru v 1.2 and gave up and went back to fb. With 2.0 I thought I would try again.

I am in Jacksonville, FL and would appreciate any suggestions.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:10 PM
darryl123
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Align 3gx flight vibration

try a different fbl controller, beastx or cgy750 i have same heli and flies great fbl with align dfc head and cgy750.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Big Windy

I hope to find a user error or setup solution.

This evening I am going to remove the blades and verify the feathering shaft is Ok, reverfiy contol range limits. The only other thing I can think is I used the gel style receiver padding that is dense and 1/4" thick. It seems fine, but who knows.

Is there anything else or an adjustment to the flight operation setting I should be considering?

The blades are fine on the FB head, but could they be creating a problem? Again, this is a massive shake.

Totally lost here. Benn operating FlyBared helis for years.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Big Windy

Think I might have found the problem. The elevator hinge scissors bolt was loose and the elevator input on the swash was spongy.

Now I am not sure if I have another issue. After the calibration setup I noticed that in the normal mode all stays level, but web I switch to the flight mode the swash starts tilting to full forward. Is this at all normal. Seems strange to me. Flight mode 2 behaves like the normal mode and stays level.

Any ideas?