Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Junkers Ju288 Scratchbuilt

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Orange617

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junkers Ju288 Scratchbuilt

Hi Guys, just sharing my latest foamie scratch-build, the Junkers Ju 288 on desert camo paint scheme...ready for re-maiden..

Old 02-03-2012, 02:32 PM
flyinsolo11

Default RE: Junkers Ju288 Scratchbuilt

Re-maiden?
Old 02-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Orange617

Yup Bro, the maiden was bare foam, re-maiden after the paint job.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 PM
flyinsolo11

Gotcha- she's absolutely beautiful. How does she fly? What's the weight?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Orange617

Havent weighed her but i suppose maybe a little over 900 grams fully loaded with 2-1000 mah li-pos...flys fast as the motors are 1700 kv bell towerpros on 8x4 counter rotating props...no retracts... flies ok and a little tricky to land...still needs trimming as havent got the chance to fly her again yet coz of the biting cold weather...heres the vid of the 2nd flight...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89dhi-QPChU
Old 02-24-2012, 09:32 AM
startazz

Man that is one sweet looking plane you have built there,now if i could just build that good i'd be well made up i'll just have to stick to building with foam board for now but i'll get there in the end (i hope)

I've go my eye on a sweet look mini JU-87 Stuka from Hobbyking,it's not out yet but should be on there website really soon and when it is i'll be hitting that buy now button,just got to make some more room in the hanger

Right i'm off to watch your video and if you don't mind me asking did you make this from plans,if so where can we find them? if not no worries.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Orange617

ORIGINAL: startazz

Man that is one sweet looking plane you have built there,now if i could just build that good i'd be well made up i'll just have to stick to building with foam board for now but i'll get there in the end (i hope)

I've go my eye on a sweet look mini JU-87 Stuka from Hobbyking,it's not out yet but should be on there website really soon and when it is i'll be hitting that buy now button,just got to make some more room in the hanger

Right i'm off to watch your video and if you don't mind me asking did you make this from plans,if so where can we find them? if not no worries.
Hi startazz...thanks for appreciating...it inspires me to keep building...anyway, i have made the plans myself using CAD and using pictures i downloaded from the net. I have it in my laptop and once i get to prepare them as pdf files, ill share them here for everybody to build....ill be moving to the states very soon so i might do it when i ge to settle down...anyway, if HK is releasing the stuka, im also thinking of getting one...i really love the looks of it....keep on building bro, cheers.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:47 PM
metalguy

That does look like it would be hard to land, and not nose-over! Swet looking plane, though...looks great! Good job!! I have one of the mini-stukas on the way too, as well as a Hobby King Me-163 Komet -Metalguy