Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

SuperFly-E can now be built as a pusher

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

SuperFly-E can now be built as a pusher

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 08:58 PM
DRDHalko
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperFly-E can now be built as a pusher

I just updated the instructions for the SuperFly-E, it can now be built as a puller or a PUSHER!
The plane flies nice as a pusher, better than I thought. The only thing it won't do as well as the Puller fly really slowly while being supported by the prop. It is kind of nice to have the motor, prop and gearbox protected.
I have put some pictures and video up on the site,
www.SuperFlyRC.com

David
Old 09-04-2003, 11:18 PM
red91sit
My Feedback: (2)

just wondering how does the prop keep from getting bent?
Old 09-04-2003, 11:24 PM
DRDHalko
My Feedback: (12)

Default Prop

With the prop horizontal it is up out of the way when the plane is laying flat on the ground. If you come in and kill the throttle the prop will stop somewhere in it's arc. If it stops pointed staight down and it hits when you land it simply rotates until it is out of the way. I have done several full throttle landings and the prop just beats up the ground. I am sure it would break if you tried landing hard on pavement with the throttle up. The GWS prop that comes with it is pretty flexible, I haven't broken one yet since I put it on the plane. Take a look at the last video under the SuperFly-E videos page, I try to land on a tent then fall into the dirt. Prop was fine, ego was hurt a little....

Hope that helps,
David
www.SuperFlyRC.com
Old 09-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi David,

It looks neat, but, to be honest, I am completely "hooked" on the standard SuperFly-E tractor configuration. I can do stunts with it that you just can't do with a pusher...and I have plenty of those.

As long as you have intermediate pilot skills, the tractor version is a blast!

Regards.