Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
 Cessna with two EDF's Skyartec N9528 Kiwi style >

Cessna with two EDF's Skyartec N9528 Kiwi style

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Cessna with two EDF's Skyartec N9528 Kiwi style

Old 10-31-2012, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cessna with two EDF's Skyartec N9528 Kiwi style

<span style="font-size: larger; "><span style="font-family: Arial; ">Hi guys

I recently modified my very old Cessna Skyartec N9528 (wing span 980mm) by taking the prop and the ESC off and added two 55mm edf's which were from aTian Sheng A-10. The poor A-10 had a few serious crashes (due to receiver failure - that is my story and I am sticking to it) and got way too heavy and also the fuselage was gradually resembling the old banana shape! So I chopped off the motor assembly and with a couple of plastic brackets, mounted the motors under the wings of the Cessna. The motors and the two ESC's added a lot of weight to the bird so now UAW of the beast is 919g from 560g stock weight! I think I need better motors as the stock edf's were pretty hopeless anyway.

It was very interesting that the bird was unable to get airborne with a 1300mah, 11.1v 3cell 10C battery but was not drastically bad with a 25C battery. The 25C battery made a big difference in static Thrust to weight ratio of the plane. Here are a couple of photos and also there is a clip of the flight at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEet50fxh5E</span></span><br type="_moz" />
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21473.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1816398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57096.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1816399