Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

PZ UM P40 vs T28 in upwind turn

Old 03-22-2014, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PZ UM P40 vs T28 in upwind turn

This is going to sound like the dreaded downwind turn thread: but it isn't. Really.

When I turn upwind in my PZ micro P40, it seems to want to increase it's angle of attack and climb. The AOA is actually much greater than warranted for how much it is climbing.
I say this is NOT a wind direction question because I don't think this is due to wind. This DOESN'T happen on my micro T28; Albatros; Archer; or Ares Gamma 370. Only the P-40.

- I know the P-40 has A3SX on it; the others don't.
- I don't usually balance these little guys after I put stick the battery on the belly; it might be nose or tail heavy
- If this was due to me inadvertently pulling back on elevator stick: why wouldn't I also do it on the other planes as well?

Anybody else notice this?
Regards
Old 03-27-2014, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe I've found the answer. The balance was way off, it was extremely tail heavy. Fixed that.

Regards