Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

NitroPlanes - Shop at Your Own Risk

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

NitroPlanes - Shop at Your Own Risk

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Jim Ryan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry NitroPlanes - Shop at Your Own Risk

I've heard a number of complaints about NitroPlanes/HobbyPartz, but I personally have placed a number of orders with them and had no problems.

That all changed last week. On August 11 I ordered 2 Mini Popwings to outfit as night combat models. I was busy with other projects and still had my battered old combat wing, so I set the boxes in the corner.

Last week I decided to complete these wings, so I opened the cartons. I found one wing had had the elevon hingeline cut too deeply so that the elevon was hanging by a thread. The other wing was fine.

I went to NitroPlanes' website to submit a ticket (they don't allow you to just email). I received a terse reply that read in its entirety, "I am sorry but you are out of warranty , in order to receive a new part you will have to place an order again."

They don't allow you to reply to their emails, so I had to go back to their website to submit a second ticket in which I explained the wing didn't fail in use; it was defective right out of the carton. I also pointed out that I'd purchased the wings less than 6 weeks ago. I received a second email reading, "Unfortunately we only have warranty for the products up to a month and after that things are no longer in our control. Sorry about that. "

In nearly 30 years as an RCer I have never had a supplier experience quite like this one. NitroPlanes/HobbyPartz have shown zero willingness to fix an issue with a defective product. Given that I've purchased several hundred dollars worth of merchandise from them, it's hard to believe they would lose a customer over a $25 foam wing, but there you have it.

It's a shame when suppliers fail to make even the most basic efforts to serve their customers. I'll no longer be doing business with NitroPlanes or HobbyPartz.

Jim Ryan
Cincinnati, OH

Old 10-22-2014, 01:40 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

All I can say is be aware of warranty policies and pick your suppliers accordingly.

Frankly you should have checked them when you got them.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:53 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Avoid Nitroplanes (and all of their other names) and BananaHobby ... it pretty much removes 95% of the issues from purchasing online.