Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

The New Durafly Ugly Stick V2 Electric Sports Model 1100mm

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

The New Durafly Ugly Stick V2 Electric Sports Model 1100mm

Old 04-04-2020, 03:17 PM
GBLynden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The New Durafly Ugly Stick V2 Electric Sports Model 1100mm

This is my Durafly Ugly Stick V2 Electric Sports Model 1100mm Unboxing & Review video.

Review Notes for this RC Airplane from Hobby King:

Pros:
- Very nice finish on the paint
- The wood prop looks really cool
- Robust landing gear
- Steerable tail wheel
- This is a four-channel plane for a full experience

Cons:
- The manual was simplified, but left you to your own experience to fill in some of the blanks.
- The battery bay could be better suited for the recommended battery.

I will update this with more videos & other details over time

Link to Durafly Ugly Stick RC Plane: https://bit.ly/345Xgrs
Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2020, 02:50 PM
GBLynden

This is my Maiden Flight Review In Strong Wind:

Old 05-18-2020, 12:25 PM
Frjeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of Stock at HobbyKing. Is this expected to be available again anytime soon?
Old 05-19-2020, 09:24 PM
GBLynden

I have no idea on that. It seems like most companies are sold out of a ton of planes. I say if you see a plane you want, buy it while you can lol
Old 07-18-2021, 02:37 PM
guapoman2000

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, here is my story!Name:  smile.gif
Views: 8
Size:  1.0 KB

I was lucky that a former RC Club member sold me his Durafly Ugly Stick V2 on Friday afternoon.

On Saturday I flew it completely STOCK and was not impressed on several aspects of it's flight. I didn't have any issues with the battery compartment nor the Center-Of-Gravity as I am using the GEN ACES 3-Cell, 2200mAH, 35C, Lithium Polymer packs with a ESC cable converter since I have all my batteries with the T-Connector (Ultra Deans) and even so, it is still doable in carefully situating the battery in that compartment with no issues.

The up lines were not as fast or powerful as I wanted for such a light model. The STOCK power system is adequate but, didn't have that gusto that I was expecting from an Ugly Stick of this size and weight. It performed all the Hammer Heads, Cuban-8's, inverted flight, etc.. however, just something was missing with the Airspeed. The stock propeller is a wooden (no name brand) 10 X 6 and it is my thoughts that it should be at least a 7-pitch.

I found a brand new Park Zone 15 (Black metal case) that you find in many Park Zone and of course E-Flite foam models and went to work a few minutes ago and was successful in drilling new holes on the White Plastic motor (Park Zone) motor mount to match the firewall of the model. I selected the APC 10 X 10-E propeller and the Watt Meter showed (Static Test) of 22.4 AMPS wide open throttle on a fresh fully changed battery pack. Okay the observed under load Voltage was 11.8 Volts and 22.4 AMPs thereby, 264 Watts!Name:  eek.gif
Views: 9

Therefore, no need to change out the STOCK ESC from Hobby King as the STOCK ESC allows up to 4-Cells.Name:  biggrin.gif
Size:  1.0 KB For now, I am keeping it 3-Cells and my thoughts are that it will ZOOM with ZEST appeal at 1/2 Throttle now that I have lots of Pitch Speed and current draw is way below the maximum limits of the STOCK ESC.Name:  smile.gif

My goals here is to WAKE-UP this model with a little more ZIP and ZAZ so, I can really enjoy it like an UGLY STICK should.Name:  biggrin.gif
Size:  1.0 KBName:  popcorn.gif
Views: 7
Size:  2.4 KB

More to come in the morning!Name:  smile.gif

Old 07-18-2021, 02:39 PM
guapoman2000

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy Cow!

By switching to the inexpensive Park Zone 15 motor (950Kv) transformed this model into a more capable and spirited Sport Model like an Ugly Stick Should.

The up-lines were just amazing and with much more power and airspeed and pretty much all other maneuvers were an improvement like Night to Day!Name:  smile.gif

The model was flown nothing over 1/2 throttle using the APC 10 X 10-E propeller and GEN ACES 3-Cell, 2200mAH, 35C, Lithium Polymer packs.Name:  biggrin.gif

The best of all is the Park Zone 15 and extended forward motor mount provides an additional Nose weight component and provided the Center-Of-Gravity Spot ON!Name:  wink.gif

Brought a grand total of six (6) RC Airplane Models to the RC Club and wow! It was the best weather conditions one could dream of.Name:  smile.gif