Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Pocket Combat Wing

Old 04-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Alex Shipp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pocket Combat Wing

Paul,
Thanks for the info. The dimentions are: 78mmH x 40mmW x 13mmT. The weight is 2.7oz. What is the lowest voltage that you have discharged your battery to? My dad is really concerned about ruining one of the packs.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Birdofprey

Alex,

In a PCW that is running 2S LiPo cells, it is really not possable to discharge the pack to an unsafe level. The PCW will no longer have enough power to sustain flight long befor the pack reaches an un safe level. In short, the only way to bring a pack down to an unsafe level on a PCW is to continue to run the motor static on the ground after the PCW is landed. I have flown the PCW to the point described (no longer flying) and have found the packs to be ~ 2.8V/cell. This is well within the safe low voltage level of the 2s pack.

Paul,

Did you receive the parts you ordered yet?

Also, the brushless solution is comming soon.

Thanks,

Justin
Old 04-24-2004, 12:26 AM
PaulVi

Im sorry forgot to mail you that they came in they came in while I was in san deago. I will use one set to rebuild my first, the 2nd plane is just to darm pretty to cut apart right now.. but I will build a vigin from the new core set and parts. I like the way they fit. But will have to do my open battery bay. I some times fly 1 to 2.5 hours so battery changes are a must. also tave you tested shoe goo on the plastic? will it hold instead of tape?

I still have to build lighter. I think I will on the 3rd cores. I was wondering will the plastic motor mount hold the brushless or will a change be in order..

Alex Listen to Justin.. He is Who designed the PCW. I have both 1200's and 800's 2cell lipo's and have never been below 6v on a pack. even on a real calm day after a bit it just wont fly anymore..

Just to put your dad at ease do the voltage fly test. fly just untill performace drops off a bit then land and mesure the battery voltage under load.

But I am telling you I run a flea that has 2 motors with the same config and I still can not drain the battery packs below recommended levels and still have the plane flying (2 motors draw more current hence a larger voltage drop)

Keep me posted on your plane. Both that I have built flew great with very little trimming from the first flight.

FYI my 7 cell nimh pack comes in at 2.7 oz so wight will be fine. tad heavy but still very flyable if you go with the lightest build you can IE supper 77 and packing tape. I use polyurathane glue and a spritz of water to kick it into foaming to glue the spare in then grind off the part that swells up and sand it smooth. This is the lightest way to glue the spare in and add strength to the center of the plane. Justin may recomend diffrent Again It worked for me..

Enjoy
Old 04-24-2004, 12:36 AM
PaulVi

The pink one is the new one. The orange, yellow and black is after about 300 flights and about 150 hard landings.. Notice the opening on the top the bottom is lined with velcro and if I hit to hard the battery just pops out. One of my buddies over here used a plastic bottle and made a platic flap that covers the batter helps a bit for clean air over the wing. he has posted pictues here as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68066.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	125742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29357.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	125743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69747.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	125744  
Old 04-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Alex Shipp

Thanks for all of the info I think that without this place my dad would have made me buy a big, heavy programmable speed control. I cant wait to ge mine and start not destroying my planes when i crash
Old 05-03-2004, 02:11 PM
3dandpatternflyer

hey jodan,

I see yur filipino!! Saw the pic Keep buying Hitec stuff, they're made in the Philippines if u noticed
Old 06-09-2004, 05:03 PM
superdave420

Ok I just ordered a PCW V2 and am definatley a SPEED FREAK.

is there a brushless solution yet?
Old 06-22-2004, 02:10 AM
TheChosen1One

Super Dave, I make brushless CDRom motors and mounts the work on all the small flying wings and get speeds in excess of 90mph out of them if you are intetrested. Been doing it for almost a year now with many satisfied customers. Email me if interested
Old 06-25-2004, 06:33 PM
TheChosen1One

Paul, email sent, sorry for the delay....between builing and improving, not much time left in a day
Old 06-26-2004, 12:26 AM
PaulVi

Got your mail.

The spam blocker may still be traping my e-mail..

I will take this discution off line untill we can post some information on how what and so on.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:33 PM
ILoveMinis

ok so i finally got mine fineshed and i have a fieago brushless motor (not sure what KV but very high)
and eflite s60's, GWS reciever, and a castle creations 9 amp ESC.

got her all finished and when i went to test the mtor.

power ...(2 seconds later)...no power[&o]

it was an electrifly 7.4 2 cell 730.
i tried another battery like 11.1 1200 (which i KNOW wont owrk) and it ran fine, and HARD!
that thing will SCREAMMMMM wth 11.1 volts.
im so excited! haha

welli have to buy a new pack now.
any reccomendations

20 min or even 15 min. flights are fine.

its the power im loking for.

would a thunderpower 11. 730 work 3 cell?

thanks guys!!!