Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Closeups of a 130+ mph WW lightning With carbon fiber winglets.

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Closeups of a 130+ mph WW lightning With carbon fiber winglets.

Old 06-25-2005, 09:09 PM
mando
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Closeups of a 130+ mph WW lightning With carbon fiber winglets.

The Lighting 36 is gonna be a handful for ya if you're not used to any kind of speed . I've not tried the Lighting , but I do have a "Ritewing" built Slayer . I've ran both the Mega 4 and 5 turn motors on it and seem to preffer the 4 turn just for the speed of it , running 3s2p 5600mAh P-Quest cells with an APC 7x5 prop . Gett'n about 110 mph with a slight dive into it , and 95-100 on level flight .
I do have a 36" "homie" built wing with a drive train of a Mega 3 turn , 8 cells of NiMH 1950 , 5x4.5 prop that'll clock in at 105 mph on a level flight with a tail breeze. I haven't clocked it , but when I run it with a 2600mAh P-Quest pack , it is an absolute rocket !! Just a little hard on the pack for full WOT all the time . The 4-turn Mega will work with the 36" well also . But with my current set-up on the 36" has it rock'n and handleing like a charm ! I've got Wing Warrior "Zipper" 36" cores on the way and will be starting on it soon . I'll be trying the 3 and 4 turn Mega on it as well to get what I would like out of it .

I'm not too well versed with different drive train set ups to make suggestions as of yet , just what I have learned and what has worked for me . But as far as using 4 cells of lipo on the Mega 3 and 4 turns might cause too high of RPM for the 36" wings .
I haven't heard of anybody using the 2-turns on 36" wings , so you might want to investigate a liitle more before going that rout.

Here's a couple of pics to add to the thread[8D] Ritewing "Slayer and my "homie 36".

Mando......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36516.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	289738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79187.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	289739   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27217.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	289740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh12083.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	289741  
Old 04-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

well i maidened my 36" lightning yesterday and it was FAST !! first flight was a bit wobbly and i lost it in the sun and it spun in. no damage so i flew it twice and it was doing 100 mph i'm sure. this is with a mega 16 15 3, tp 3s 2100 15c and graupner 4.7x4.7. now i want a big wing. i definately want to do 130+mph !! the thing with the big wing is it can take a bigger bat.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Ritewing
My Feedback: (1)

Airbourn here is a vid of my new Ritewing Demon.Avail at monsoonrc.com.
This one was clocked at 168 mph.It was nice talkin with you on the phone today.
Chris
Clik on the link if you like speed.
http://www.youtube.com//player.swf?s...Demon+on+crack
Old 03-11-2007, 10:01 PM
ENVYNLUST

Hey Chris,

I've been a big fan of the the wings for a while now. I live in Orange County so I use alot of Westin's Combat wings and I'm very happy with them, but I want to try a Demon on Crack. I have a lot, a lot of different running gear, but what was your combination for the 168mph wing. Please write me back so I can order a Demon. thanks..

Bill Morton
bill@luxuryleasing.com