Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

If you had a choice which one????????????

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

If you had a choice which one????????????

Old 11-28-2004, 12:56 PM
av8er48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you had a choice which one????????????

Can't decide which one F27 Stryker or Microjet or Thunderbat. This thunderbat is new and comes with everything except Tx and Rx it is at WWW.ReadyToFlyFun.com if you want to check it out ( it has a video) it is only $129.00 and comes with extra nose two batt packs and extra prop. I would like something that will fly good stock for now. Never flew a wing yet so don't want to spend a lot at first but there all around the same price range just don't know which to get any response will be a great help.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:34 PM
woodduck-RCU

Default RE: If you had a choice which one????????????

I have conveterd a Stryker to brushless and am extremely pleased with its flying abilities. The Thunderbat looks like a great deal and would be neat to convert to brushless. My only concern would be the availabilty of replacement parts. The cost of replacing the Stryker fusealge is $19.95, and the other parts are also reasonable and available. I think it will look over a Thunderbat when it arrives at my LHS. I did not read what the Thunderbat is made of, EPP? Thanks for the info. I jsut sent an email to [email protected] to inquire about spare parts. If parts are availabel I think I will place an order!!
The hand launch in the video shows that the plane has more than adequate power.

Again thanks for your post about the Thunderbat it ought to be a great seller.

Woodduck
Old 11-28-2004, 07:16 PM
woodduck-RCU

I visited the website for the Thunderbat and the parts are replacable!!! You can basically replace the entire plane for about $42, $25 for the fuselge, $8 for the nose. I will order one Monday !!!
Old 12-13-2004, 11:48 AM
mtucker

woodduck-RCU,
Have you had a chance to fly the Thunderbat? I purchased a Kavan Projeti and I love it (the brushless motor makes it incredible), but there are no replacement parts for it. I even e-mailed Kavan in Germany.
I have been thinking about purchasing the Thunderbat. I bought a T-Hawk from Readytoflyfun.com and was happy with the quality (for an inexpensive plane) and like the availability of replacement parts. The person that I talked to was helpful with the T-Hawk when I bought it.

For those that have the Thunderbat, I have a few questions. Is is easy to drop in a brushless motor? Are you limited with the prop size (do the stabilizers get in the way for say a 6" prop). Is there room in the fuselage for a 3 pack of Lithium Polymers (I have some Kokam 2000maH 15C).

Thanks,
Matt
Old 12-13-2004, 04:20 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

I can testify that ready to fly fun.com has great service...and all the planes they sell have parts that can be replaced if needed..but I doubt you will find things like stock wings,rudders,fuselages..etc. at your local hobby shop..since ready to fly fun is a direct maker and sole seller of their own planes as far as I know...the servos ,recievers,conenctors etc...are all basically industry standard though..just be aware if you need a new fuselage..yoyu will have to place an order online and wait a few days for the part to arrive...i ordered 2 t-hawks thru them..and they always returned my phone calls/emails on a timely basis...from what i hear..every r/c they sell flys great and they all represent good bargains..
Old 12-17-2004, 05:38 AM
Woody 51

The Microjet does not come with a TX or Rx and the supplied Gunther Prop is dreadful. So from that point of view, the other 2 are probably better value for money.
I built mine from scratch with a Brushless Outrunner and made sure I followed the advised set up about Flaperon differential etc for launching. It worked out o.k. but its best to have a programeable radio for this model.
If you want simplicity. Don't get the Microjet.