Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

shocky mount+down thrust

Old 12-20-2004, 01:09 AM
strulag
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shocky mount+down thrust

I guess this post is 2 different questions

1. How do you guys make sure you remount an AXI engine right on a shocky after a crash if the foam is all messed up in the front? What about when you first mount it? Do you just go by the cut in the foam you make?

2. I remounted mine with very noticable down thrust (of couse I didn't realize it when I glued it) and now I don't think i could rip it off and mount it right because of 2 much glue in the foam (foam was pretty messed up in front...as it gets with the shocky when you crah on the nose) I need a lot of up elevator now to make it fly straight. What's the best way to counter that? just trim it with up elevator, move the CG back a bunch so it flies straight without that up elevator or any other ideas? I'm not that experienced with flying these so I don't know what the difference would be. On the other hand I got pretty got at doing 3D stuff on the simulater and want to try all that stuff with my shocky now.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:08 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: shocky mount+down thrust

You mite want to think about cutting it off and remounting it. all the trim in the world won't fix downthrust. I flew all my shocky's perfectly straight. I know what you mean about nose damage and trying to get the motor back on straight. I made many repair to mine and then just threw them away after a certain point and got a new one.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Devin McGrath

Default RE: shocky mount+down thrust

try longer screws and put a few washers behind it on the under side of the mounting plate and the ply disk