Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Joined the Ele Bee club...but..

Old 12-31-2004, 09:34 AM
radcast2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joined the Ele Bee club...but..

Well I got my Ele Bee for Christmas but wasnt able to start the build till a few days ago. I got it all done, thanks to Cliff over at AltlantaHobby for the directions on his site, as the windrider ones are rather poor. Speed 400 Pusher, CC Pixie20P,Hitec311 servos, Hitec HFS04 rx.
Well here is mu "but..."
Okay with my kit came a 8cell 1400 NICD, which I think might be a short coming. I went over to that Cheap Battery Packs and was looking thru there batteries. I saw a few 1400 but they are AA which I dont think will do very good, so I saw the CBP2100 adn they look pretty good but are almost 4oz heavier. Can anyone give me a good recommendation on what battery pack to go with for my Ele Bee, dont care really what brand but I want to get 2 of them.

THanks for any help
Old 01-03-2005, 02:01 AM
FrogTwat

Default RE: Joined the Ele Bee club...but..

I bought the sugested battery from hstore and it works fine for me...... but there will be people that look down on anyone that dosent spend a fortune on LIPO's..... if it works stick to it !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52405.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	209928  
Old 01-03-2005, 08:17 PM
radcast2

Thanks, I just ordered one of the new CBP 1650mAh packs see how it does but I have a lead on 2 brand new Sanyo 1700's.
I agree 100% on your Lipo comment.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:34 AM
FrogTwat

Oh.. you might want to buy a prop adapter and a 6*3 pusher prop for it its fantastic the amount of extra thrust you get.... make sure its a pusher tho...

later
anthony
Old 01-05-2005, 05:31 PM
radcast2

Frog do you have a link for that prop?
Old 01-06-2005, 09:23 AM
RickAvery

My wing warrior came with a Sanyo 8 cell, 4/5A, 1400mah NiCad battery. It works fine and is good for about 7-8min of mixed throttle flying. 10 min. with some soaring. Don’t knock it until you try it. The battery will work better after a few initial deep cycles, so the first time you use it is not an indication of its maximum performance. I also use a sanyo 1800mah, 2/3A NiMh battery from CBP. It also works well and has a longer duration that the fore-mentioned batts. Still, nothing compares to the 2000mah, 15c, 3s LiPo that I also use. I run them all and they’re all fun, but when it’s time to get the lead out and show your buddies who’s boss, LiPo is the way to go.
Rick
Old 01-06-2005, 09:39 AM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

radcast, I have the pack for you. Go back on www.cheapbatterypacks.com and buy this one( about one ounce heavier than your 1400 pack). HR-1700AUP NIMH A size(8cell pack of course.)This pack packs alot more punch than the CPB-1800, KR-1400 and KR-1700. I'm not to sure about the cbp 2100, it should be the same if not more power. Grab this pack! You will not be sorry!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:04 PM
radcast2

Zagi thanks that was the one I was going to order but I went with the Cheaper$$ route....But 2 battereis isnt enough so I will order that one next. THanks again
Old 01-06-2005, 05:56 PM
ZAGI-XS-=FatalFlyer=-

Yeah its definetly one of the more expensive packs on www.cheapbatterypacks.com In stores its probally around 60-70 dollars lol. $45 with shipping and insurance and bars. Grab that pack, and if you plan on going brushless so you could afford a little more weight, grab the new CBP 2500 A NIMH, that pack is only about 2 ounces heavier and gives you more duration with the same power or even more.