Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Building my first Foamie Need HELP

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Building my first Foamie Need HELP

Old 01-03-2005, 11:30 AM
lacofdfireman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building my first Foamie Need HELP

I am building a backyard foamies Edge 540. I have never built a foamie or any electric for that matter so I need some help. With the plans they recommend you use a GWS 350-C gearbox. with a 12-6 prop. Is this suffiecient? I know absolutely nothing about electric and whats good and bad. Also what servo's speed controller, and reciever would I use? If anyone has any photo's of there electrics close up please post them here. Also on the plans where you put in the carbon rod do out just cut out a slot to put the rod into or do you cut a hole and glue it in? Also what glues do you use for the servo's, carbon rod etc. Also do you just use packaging tape for the alerons, elevator etc. How do you secure the batterie on the plane and make it balance? Thanks for any help. Also were is the best deals on electric gear?
Old 01-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Jack Skip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building my first Foamie Need HELP

Plans sound interesting. Where did you get them?

Sorry, can't help much with your questions.