Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

she flies

Old 01-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Eugoogoly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default she flies

flew my new formosa last weekend. First couple of attempts resulted in nothing, my chucker slipped in some sheep crap and threw the plane into the dirt. the second taught me to check the aileron connections to the receiver before i fly, resulting in a short and awkward flight. the third was perfect, but i couldn't fly too long as my fingers began to freeze.

Cant wait to fly this again although i think i will go for a less windy day.
the formosa is completly stock as i dont want to upgrade until i get a better feel for the plane, and understand more about the electrics

did anybody keep the rubber spinner on?
I took it off cause i personally don't like it
Old 01-05-2005, 06:11 PM
f00sion

Default RE: she flies

I finished building my formosa last night, just waiting for the battery to arrive. Hopefully I will get a chance to fly this weekend but I think it is supposed to rain the whole time unfortunately.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Eugoogoly

got a couple of flights in today. absolutely loving it.
one problem though the slow fly props really mean slow fly!

is there any props i can use on the stock motor/gearbox that will improve the speed as i cant afford a brushless motor yet.

also can you get a speed controller that will run brushless motors and can use ni-cd and lithium batteries?

thanks
Old 01-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Deyrick Gibbins

I think any Brushless controller can use any battery type, you just have to setup the cut off voltage for the pack type/voltage you are using. I have got a Castle creations Pheonix 25 and the first option in the setup procedure is the voltage cut off depending on pack voltage/type.