Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Anyone had any contact with 3DFoamy.com recently?

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Anyone had any contact with 3DFoamy.com recently?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 11:19 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone had any contact with 3DFoamy.com recently?

I am trying to find out where the kit I ordered a month ago is. Their email addresses aren't working and neither is the phone number. I know their website says they are moving to new server but that shouldn't affect the phones. I'm pretty sure they haven't closed and absconded with my 60 bucks but it does make you wonder what's up.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:57 PM
Apples

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone had any contact with 3DFoamy.com recently?

sideshow,

I last contacted Levi by e-mail on Jan.14 when, I couldn't get him by phone.. I was inquiring about my CF landing gear, ordered but not received by me... The popularity of his kits has far outpaced his business plan, and, or, his expectations. In addition, his wife and he just had a baby. Here is his response:

Gears are molding now and will be out on Monday. I’m updating the manuals for the pro kits… just got swamped real fast in the fall…

Happy New Year!

Levi Jordan- 3D Foamy Models

www.3dfoamy.com

10040 West Barberry

Cheney, WA 99004

(509)714-9023 -cell

(509)624-0484 -fax

Pro Bro #692

[email protected]

-They shall mount up on wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary... Isaiah 40:31
Old 01-19-2005, 09:08 AM
contempo
My Feedback: (20)

I spoke with Levi earlier this week on the phone. 3D Foamy has grown way beyond his initial expectations. He now has several full time employees and is running a total of 4 lasers to meet demand. They are in the process of catching up on orders now. They should be caught up on all orders within the next week. Now that he has some additional help, order turn around should speed up dramatically. Also, look for more exciting products in the near future!
Old 01-19-2005, 10:21 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Hmmm... isn't that what they said a couple weeks ago?
Old 01-19-2005, 10:41 PM
3D-kid330
My Feedback: (1)

Levi was out of town for a Christmas vacation according to his site.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:27 PM
RiffRaff
My Feedback: (16)

I am in the same boat.

All emails bounce back. Christmas is LOOONG over.

I ordered on the 5th of january when they should have been back. The web site was updated since.

I am getting very discouraged with the whole thing.

I am not sure just how good his stuff is but I hope their customer sevice doesn't reflect the product quality.
Old 01-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Omaha_RC_Flyer

Apples,
I'm still waiting to hear back from Levi about the missing carbon fiber landing gear I ordered along with the Katana Pro kit.[] I recieved the Kit on the 27th of Dec., but there was no carbon fiber landing gear. I have sent 2 emails already. I'll wait a few more days before I send another one. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:17 PM
Widgeo
My Feedback: (6)

I was planning on ordering a kit today but I think i'll wait until we hear back from him. Maybe somebody should point him here so he can address everybody at the same time.
Old 01-21-2005, 09:46 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My kits also came without carbon gear, but there was a paper in the box that said they were going to be shipped later. I read somewhere that he was laying them up, and that next week I THINK they will be pretty much caught up..... Just flew my sukhoi GF wing today for the maiden, simply THE best foamy made, period.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:00 PM
RiffRaff

Sounds like his product is good but unless he starts providing some sembelence of customer service he may not be successful for long. If business is truly that good he certainly should be able to hire a part timer or a contract service to provide some sort of customer feedback. Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to communicate with a supplier or dealer.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:39 PM
JohnVH

Yeah, the product is the best, and the price cant be beat. He is hiring on more people and farming out the work to other laser cutters to try to catch up.. He will do it. Ill be seeing him in person in two weeks at our model expo.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Apples

Omaha RC Flyer,

Nobody would believe that Levi delivered my Katana S Pro Kit on Xmas Day via the USPS as he promised... but, without my CF landing gear. Now while my bird has long been out of the oven, I'm not disappointed that I don't have my gear, because it's been windy and cold in NYC, (at times 0 degree wind chill) since it was delivered...The fact that my foamy doesn't have the CF landing gear "bling" yet, keeps me from going outside and, busting it up while I freeze..

JohnVH,

Since you are the only one in this thread who is flying, please continue to keep us informed on how the kit performs...We are all grateful, even though you can't feel it because we are so anxious about getting our stuff...

Roy
Old 01-21-2005, 10:52 PM
ernie58
My Feedback: (15)

So what's the real deal with the G-Force wing. Is it really that good? How much goes it flex?
Old 01-21-2005, 10:56 PM
JohnVH

Thanks, Ill maybe see if I can get some vid one of these weeks... I have to other planes that need priority though right now...

The GForce wing IS that much better, zero flex, from 1/4 throttle to full throttle straight and level zero pitch change (amazing), harriers upright and inverted have no wing rock! hover is soooooooo stable, nice deep snaps on high rates, point rolls are simple, flies amazingly precise, rolling harriers on the maiden flight! I cant say enough about it... Im glad I got TWO Heck, at that price why not!

It dont fly like my 41%, but hey, nothing does, so no big deal, having flown a few different foamies, and built up electrics, these are the best. Period. Hats off to Levi. now I need one of each kit! Spring for the GForce wing, you will not be disapointed!
Old 01-21-2005, 11:08 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are harsh on a grass roots company.[&o] I have read alot of posts where people have had to wait but to my knowledge he hasn't stiffed anyone! Plus I haven't heard a negative regarding performance of his product. As someone who waits 15+ years for a good wiskey and has flown some of his planes the wait is worth it[8D]
Old 01-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Widgeo

John, whats your setup on that foamy?
Old 01-21-2005, 11:48 PM
RiffRaff

I don't think most are complaining about the wait. That part of the equation is fully understandable. The problem seems to be that there is virtually no response from them when contacted, bouncing emails, disconnected phones and the like. That seems to be the main complaint.

I wish Levi and Jordan the best of luck in their pursuit of a dream. The design talent seems apparent with perhaps deficiency in business skills.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Widgeo

I think i'll wait until the show and pick one up from him then. Hopefully he will be fully caught up by then.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:17 AM
jpg0529

I placed an order back on Dec 13. I knew it would take several weeks but still haven't heard from them except for the order receipt and billing on my credit card. I sent and e-mail on Jan 17 and another on Jan 19. No reply yet. Sent two more today. It seems it would be good service to at least reply to an inquiry on an order they accepted payment for. It sounds like their planes are excellent if you can get it. Still hoping!
Old 01-22-2005, 01:09 PM
VULTCH

I ordered a MX-26 from him in Nov and received it after Christmas. Part of the CF landing gear was missing. No response from the email I sent but I'm not concerned about it.The kit is excellent in quality and design and was worth the wait and I know he will send the missing tail skid when he gets caught up. It pleases me to know that a great product can be MADE IN USA snd be competivive with the rest of the world. If you look at our hobby very little is manufactured in the US. Be patient (If you can't you may be in the wrong hobby). I'm sure he will get things better organized. If you have ever been in business for yourself, could you imagine what you would do if your small business changed into big business overnight? That would be a challange for even the largest companys with the unexpected orders.Lets hang in there for a while with him and thru RCU, manufactures can see their customer needs and improve their operations. Keep the forums going and Thanks to all of you for your posts. Vultch
Old 01-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Levi_Jordan
My Feedback: (21)

Hi Guys... Got a heads up on this thread so I thought I'd drop a note. For the last 3 months we had been exceding our rented website space on the host servers... they had turned a blind eye for a while, but last month the website got shut down on the 30th of Dec. I've been setting up the new server (dedicated for 3DF) and the website is up and running, but the e-mail portion of the server is still not working right. I have set up my [email protected] to get forwarded so I get it. I've been working on it this week, so hopefully I'll get the support guys to look at it for me.

Kind of a funny place in business, not quite big enough for a full time office worker, but too big to handle all the e-mails and calls myself. Thanks for the understanding.

I have had to not take calls over the last 2 weeks.... I was answering the phone all day taking orders and talking airplanes... and not enough work was getting done. Were almost caught up now. Hobby shops have been ordering 100 kits at a time all accross the country, so many times there is a pause in retail orders (website) while we are manufacturing for the hobby shops. I've tried to make it more clear in several places on the website and ordering system the delivery time is 1-3 weeks.... The kits are just really popular, and we have limited hours in a day (who thought up 24!)

A friend of mine ordered a shock flyer online and it took 3 weeks to arrive, AXI motors are in and out of stock, Batteries are always sold out.... The "Foamy Revolution" is in full swing... I think this is the largest makeover in R/C history.... And I'm pround to be a big part of it.

Talk to you guys later...
Old 01-23-2005, 07:23 PM
RiffRaff

Levi,

Great to hear some news straight from the source. This should put an end to this thread, hopefully.

We feel your growing pains, but we can be rest assured that you are hard at work and haven't abandoned anyone. I don't really think that anyone thought this was the case but people have a tendency to get discouraged when they try and try to get some feedback on money that has already exchanged hands. Hopefully you understand the situation from the consumer end, as I am certain you do.

Thanks for the direct feedback. Now, I can't wait for that kit to arrive, fully understanding your situation.

Riff
Old 01-24-2005, 03:16 AM
psycho_klown66

Levi, thanks for responding this this thread. I can't wait to get my kit!
Old 01-24-2005, 10:59 AM
jpg0529

Levi,
It is great that you jumped in on this thread to clear up the "unresponsiveness" issues. I think all any of us wanted was some kind of explanation of what was going on. Can't ask any more than that. Thank you very much!

Also, just in case anyone wonders why I would be looking forward to another plane during the winter months, a few of us "electric" flyers (and a few glow flyers) don't stop just because of snow and cold. I use skis/floats/seaplanes and fly from the snow. This past week has caused a pause, though. 15-20 below at times!

Joe -
Old 01-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Omaha_RC_Flyer

Hey Guys,
I got an email from Levi today. This was what he wrote
Yup, got a gear coming your way… Carbon has been hard to get from my 3 suppliers… so production on the gears got all backed up. I just got done with a batch of gears last night, so I’ll be sanding and packing them up over the next couple days. Should be getting to yours shortly.
So hang in there the gear will be on its way soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.