Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

FREE "Foamie" PLANS ...

Old 04-19-2005, 07:58 AM
gpw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FREE "Foamie" PLANS ...

I finally saw it on page 6 .... I remember it now !!!! Yeah looks cool , might be a FUN project ....If you want something a bit easier with a build (photos ) , may I recommend the Stealth Sport , page 8 . glens planes and pics ... first page , the SS now has a new crutch fuselage that's really SUPER and we power it with a j250/C now and it flies GREAT !!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 09:20 AM
layback2
My Feedback: (12)

OH yes gpw just mite be a fun plane to build i doint have a 250 motor but i have a 280 gear motor and were is the topic on the new fuse you were talking about what is it made from
the hole plane seams to be a fast plane to put togather were does the battery go on the one you made i have plenty of light weight 7.2 650s battery laying around just mite work fine
Old 04-19-2005, 03:30 PM
layback2

ORIGINAL: layback2

OH yes gpw just mite be a fun plane to build i doint have a 250 motor but i have a 280 gear motor and were is the topic on the new fuse you were talking about what is it made from
the hole plane seams to be a fast plane to put togather were does the battery go on the one you made i have plenty of light weight 7.2 650s battery laying around just mite work fine
even been playing around with this tell i get my new micro esc and my new radio and carbin rods still have to figer out the air foil problem if i can
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47440.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	260204  
Old 04-22-2005, 11:38 PM
layback2

even been playing around with this tell i get my new micro esc and my new radio and carbin rods still have to figer out the air foil problem if i can
all most ready for the test flight before a paint job i hope lol lol
made the canopy from a large spoon for sugar cut it your thickness you want works great

Name:	Zx70804.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	261656  
Old 04-28-2005, 09:15 AM
gpw

Spoon canopy , what a great idea!!!!! makes good scoops too ...
Old 05-02-2005, 07:48 AM
gpw

My fellow Modelers ..... just wanted to tell you about the 3 new plans that I posted at www.FoamFly.com ...
First is the Willit... a canard & elevator FSW Universal fuselage park/pattern flyer
Second is the Me P 1111 a swept wing fanfold simple pusher jet for cd motors .... small, fast ...
Third is a blow up from the 3 views of the F-23 ...long .lean foamie flying machine .... easy to make too ...
Check em' out , hope you guys have a really good time with them ... Thanks !!!
Old 05-03-2005, 12:11 PM
bluemax
My Feedback: (19)

I have just purchased a BP18 brushless motor and speed control. In looking at all the great plans GPW has at foamfly I'm confused as to which one to build that will fit this engine. I'm an intermediate flyer with some experience in building. You guys seem to enjoy the building of foam planes so I thought I'd give it a try. Normally I just buy a kit,fly it, crash it , buy a kit---You get the idea. Anyway, GPW or one of you experts could guide me as to a good flying easy to build plane that would fit this motor please let me know. thanks
Old 05-06-2005, 08:02 AM
gpw

Max , any number of the plans would work for that motor , I've flown everything from the 54" Taube to the smallish Shoestring , with it .... If you want a really smooth pattern plane , check out the "and Wattnot", or just for FUN, the VTOL ALBATROSS.... hovering , 3D machine ..... BP21 In the Arado , would be a rocket , itwill fly the heck outta all these planes . my flying buddy Bob uses it all the time in a number of different planes , 2 and 3 cell ....If you're a good flyer , build the Albatross, it's just FUN!!!! Need any help , please let me know ..
Old 05-07-2005, 07:10 AM
bluemax
My Feedback: (19)

gpw-Thanks for the help. I think I'll try the "and Whattnot" first. Then I'll move on to the Albatross. Thanks again for the help.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:28 AM
gpw

Max , the and Wattnot is a very smooth flyer , completely neutral and simple .... Makes me look like a smooth flyer.... Have FUN !!!

Warning !!! Warning !!! The f-23 test flights are concluded , and I wouldn't recommend this for an rc flyer(many bad habits ) , it does however make a super chuck glider for the kiddies in the yard ... oh well , they can 't all be winners...just so you know ...

starting X-32 testing , will post plans when it flys well (22&23 were challenging )

My other duties have been lightened considerably (and favorably ) so i can spend more time here answering your questions , and suggesting new design challenges in FOAM .... All for FUN and Fun for All!!!!!!

Posting Arrowhead , a dirt simple cd powered dart of a plane , soon stay tuned!!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 05:57 PM
SFR

Howdy GPW,
I just wanted to drop in and say howdy master gpw. I'll be working on your F-23 soon. is there any flight report on it? my F-22 is almost ready for it's maiden.
Saeed
Old 05-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Bolt Vanderhuge

Dang, we never figured out a good F-22 design and control setup over there. Without Glen, I see things grinding to a halt.
So what should I do? Elevons and enlarged tail or aileron-elevator?
I had my little heart set on an F-22 []
Old 05-10-2005, 06:52 AM
gpw

Bolt , SFR.... the 22 wasn't a bad flyer , but not a great one either .... mine had the elevon setup which worked OK as long as it didn't involve rolling .... I think the aileron and elevator version would fly much better ....otherwise it was very stable and fairly fast with my little 15t cd motor on 2 cells ... burned it up on 3 cells (too big a prop)
The 23 was a dissappointing venture , first tried elevons , no dice , then V tail , worse !!!! Then glued russer thingies solid and made an elevator outta' the space petween the rear fins.... and cut out ailerons .... Flew very strangely , a pronounced nose up tendency that was not affected by a more forward cg change... and the roll rate was sick .... one roll produced 3 with the plane recovering inverted and in the opposite direction , I did this a few times just to see if it wasn't me .... The 22 and 23 did make excellent and cool looking chuck gliders (empty ) so if you want , the kiddies will love them ...
Am working on the x-32 now ,and GeneBond is eyeing the x-29 .... more to come , stay tuned ....
Old 05-10-2005, 10:38 AM
SFR

GPW,
Can you please give me a little more info on your F-22? What was your AUW? What was the WS? What was the length of the plane? I believe I am ending up on the heavy side. I am also going with 3 servos, two for the ailerons and one for the elevators. I am also going with a different motor set up. I am using an Esskee 400, with 9X7 prop, and Poly-quest 11.1v, 1500 mah. I think my AUW will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 140z. [:-]. It is getting pretty close to EWO’s F-16! Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Saeed
Old 05-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Bolt Vanderhuge

Hey, good idea GPW. The X-32 looks like a great candidate. For now I guess I'll build another Albacorde, as my last one was smashed to smithereens. A buddy wanted to see what RC flying was like, and I couldn't resist handing over the TX. lots of fun, but the nut to my nice aluminum prop adapter flew off into the grass, never to be seen again. Back to 3X3's for a while I guess..
I have a BP-21 sitting here, but figuring out a solid mount for it has proven to be a real noodle-scratcher....
Old 05-11-2005, 07:37 AM
gpw

SFR, the 22 is 30" long overall , 22" wingspan , and just under 8 ounces(2/1200lipos).... it flew well for me as long as I was doing fast laps of the field , but as I suggested earlier , the ailerons and elevator would be better ....
14 OZ????? Oink!!!! sometimes it's better to go with less weight and power than more , especially if you like it to fly easily ....Gee! I'm almost half the weight and it was a rocket with the J250 DD and 2 cells .... Best of Luck !!!! The heavier they are , the harder they crash too ... just so you know ...
Bolt the Ba is one of my better flying planes , so far the only thing I'd recommend is building a spare nose , no matter how I try , I always manage to dork it on the nose , after a while it gets a little "rough" looking , and as I did the other day , cut off the old one (forward of the canopy ) and hot glued another on , looks better now ...

I'm mounting my BP 21 in a Lil Tony (TOG's ) on a ply firewall(round) ... remove the mount (gray ) , get to the radial mount,remove from the motor by removing the grub screw on the mount ... , trace on ply , cut out and drill holes and glue to foamie nose in the right place , paying attention to down and right thrust .... I'd put some pics , but this site won't take my Mac generated .jpegs , i don't think ?????Let me know if you need assistance , I'll try to get some pics somewhere...
Old 05-11-2005, 07:55 AM
genebond

You may need to change the extension to .jpg rather than .jpeg... Some systems just don't like 4 digit extensions...
Old 05-11-2005, 08:20 AM
layback2

hey gpw and gang i was messing with a old p3 PC and found this a couple cpu fans that just mite work for small duct fans for foamies jets for motors
Old 05-11-2005, 08:27 AM
layback2

hey gpw and gang i was messing with a old p3 PC and found this a couple cpu fans that just mite work for small duct fans for foamies jets for motors
they are very light weight and less then 1/4 inch thick and rated 12v

Name:	Om33523.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	269915  
Old 05-12-2005, 07:31 PM
genebond

I doubt they would be of much use, but may be... Surely someone has tried! Have you tried a search in the power section? Seems the motors in those are pretty small, and tough to fit good magnets into.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:35 PM
norgefreek
My Feedback: (8)

Hey; I am real interested , thanks for the offer, in advance. Ivan
Old 05-16-2005, 10:09 PM
gpw

Guys , sorry , my computer has been down for the past week , hope I didn't miss anything ????
Old 05-17-2005, 11:33 AM
snolord1
My Feedback: (7)

what's happening guys,feels good to branch out to other forums.

Name:	Gd93559.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	272738  
Old 05-19-2005, 07:19 AM
gpw

SNO , How's it goin Dude , you have to e-mail me so I can send you the me P 1111 plans , I wanted to post the plans at Foamfly in the Gallery , but since you came up with the plane , I didn't want to offend .... you know ....

Did you see the Arrowhead plans ... ??? and I just got finished drawing up a Pusher Albatross , so we don't have to risk our brushless motors on the front of 3D planes ... should be FUN!!! Kinda' sharky lookin ' too ...
Old 05-20-2005, 07:02 PM
gpw

Darn, wish I could post pics here...???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.