Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Need good pic/advice on mounting axi 2212 on 3d foamy edge

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Need good pic/advice on mounting axi 2212 on 3d foamy edge

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Flyinhi1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need good pic/advice on mounting axi 2212 on 3d foamy edge

I know it's probably in one of these threads somewhere, but I can't seem to put the words together that the search is happy with. I need to see someone's axi motor mounted on a 3d foamy edge ( if possible) and any mods to the supplied mount that Levi includes in the kit. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2005, 03:19 PM
geno472

Default RE: Need good pic/advice on mounting axi 2212 on 3d foamy edge

I have the 3D Foamy Cap 232 and I purchased the AXI motor mount from Levi and from there it is pretty self explanatory on how to mount the mount and motor. I think the motor mount for the AXI was $2.95 for two of them and they work great.

Gene
Old 03-03-2005, 03:42 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Straight from the 3dfoamy website:

Or:

Old 03-03-2005, 08:34 PM
I & C Tech

I recently bought the Axi mount for my Sukhoi and it doesn't look like the one in that upper picture. I think it's been redesigned and is now a little beefier. More like the one in the lower pic.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:04 PM
8KCABrett
My Feedback: (1)

Take alook at my 3DF Raven build thread for lotsa pics as well as some mods http://www.txsquadron.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2016

And the associated RCUniverse thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3D_F...2632704/tm.htm

The Edge and Raven dont have a tall fuse at the nose so theirs look like the one in second pic. It is a wise idea to bolster the strength of these moutns a little, if nothing else run some tape over the mounts back over the foam. I did a more involved modification that I am hapy with, the nose does not torque as much when you pump the throttle, and it looks a little less likelly to be twisted free from the foam. . . which has happened.

Best of luck,
Old 03-04-2005, 06:48 AM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Does that 3-D foamy use a 3/8" stick mount? If it does, maybe one of these will work. www.topcreationsrc.com D'oh!
Old 03-04-2005, 05:29 PM
8KCABrett
My Feedback: (1)

Actually, that's probably the best bet! I am not sure what teh dimensions are and can't measure now. Might want ot check the thrustline with that though, might be kinda low.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Flyinhi1

Thanks for the replies everyone. I saw the pic on 3d foamy's web site, but I was hoping to see some other angles. The Top Creations mount looks pretty slick, but like Brett said, the thrust line looks like it will be different than what Levi's mount intends. Just by eyeballing it. I don't know how critical the difference would be. I think I'll email 3d foamy and ask. Later.