Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Cheap Foamy that a super newb can fly

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Cheap Foamy that a super newb can fly

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:18 AM
flyingace451

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Foamy that a super newb can fly

What would be a good foamy that is cheap, easy to fly, and I would like it if it was RTF. I like watching people hover so one that can hover too. I'm sorry if I'm asking too much. When answering remember...MONEY IS AN ISSUE!!! If you want to know why money is an issue...well...I'm 14 YEARS OLD!!! Lol
Old 03-12-2005, 09:32 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Cheap Foamy that a super newb can fly

What is your budget.....
Old 03-12-2005, 09:38 AM
flyingace451

It depends on what the parents think.[] What does an average 3d plane cost?
Old 03-12-2005, 09:42 AM
exeter_acres

You don't want to know......

The little foamies that people fly in gyms and parks ( I"m talking about the 3d foamies)

Well....the airframe only costs $30 or $40....

BUT...
once you add a brushless motor (don't bother with a brushed for 3D in my opinion) then the controller, then the Receiver, then the servos, etc. etc.

$300 is very common to spend....

www. 3dfoamy.com sells nice planes....
www.insanefoamies.com has everything packages..

Also, these ARE NOT beginner planes... there really is no such thing as a beginner 3D plane...

Something like the Aerobird or the Firebird XL are nice flyers for learning but they cannot do any 3D
Old 03-12-2005, 09:52 AM
flyingace451

Hm...I guess I'm going to have to wait on getting a 3D plane. The only plane I own is a Firebird Scout but I am planning on getting an Aerobird Challenger for my B-Day. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: flyingace451

What would be a good foamy that is cheap, easy to fly, and I would like it if it was RTF. I like watching people hover so one that can hover too. I'm sorry if I'm asking too much. When answering remember...MONEY IS AN ISSUE!!! If you want to know why money is an issue...well...I'm 14 YEARS OLD!!! Lol
Let's see, Flying Ace....

You want a plane that's
1. inexpensive
2. Ready to Fly out of the box
3. Easy to fly for a beginner
4. 3D capable for hovering

Forgive my questions, but would you like to know about
- instruction
- the process of learning safety procedures
- the process of learning radio frequency control
- the process of learning to fly RC planes
- the process of repairing crash damage
- the process of learning aerobatics
- the process of learning hovering
- our club structures or organizations

If not, perhaps we should direct you to the numerous computer flight simulators available.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson
Old 03-20-2005, 10:52 PM
fredbobjoe

i have a suggestion. at towerhobbies.com they have a good rtf deal. their wattage cessna 180 comes with radio gear that can be taken out and used on different airplanes. it includes a cirrus 4ch radio with reciever, two naro servos, a motor, battery, and all of that good stuff. for an okay foamie, it sounds like a good setup, and it costs $120. and i have a similar price situation. for me, at five bucks a lawn, something like that would take me a whole summer to buy. i'm 12.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:58 AM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

Dont get the wattage cessna as a beginner plane. You will hate it, check out my post in the general discussion forum-- My first flight went do awesomely bad. Listen i got the best set up for, that will bring a smile to your face. Go to towerhobbies.com, check out the trainers, and youll find a nitro rtf trainer for 250, plus they always have discounts so count on 225. I have it, i went to the club, they tought me how to fly it, its in one piece, it flies great, can do some aerobatics. As soon as you finish the trainer, go back to towerhobbiescom, go to electrics. Great planes has really nice 3d planes. It costs 200 for the whole package ecept the radio, so in my case, i would use the radio from my traner and then just get a few micro serovs from my pocket cash. Ask you parents to get you the 200 dollar set up, and youll be fine, its not as expensive as hobby-lobb,y they charge big bucks thats why they moved their set ups to brushed motors, and now it pretty cheap.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Epoxy Cup

Take a look at the Slow V

Comes ready to fly at most local hobby shops.

The advantage of the slow V are:

Rudder elevater control unlike some that are just rudder and rely on power for up and down, this will help you down the road when moving to more advanced aircraft.

Horizon hobby sells the slow V so parts are readily available for repairs.

The slow V is easy to repair.

It flys slow and easy just do a search and read the posts.

Some parts of both the GWS slow stick and the slow V will work on both, I have a slow stick V now .

Stay away from the little cub's, cessna's, and other replica scale looking plane's for now, they will not fly as slow and easy.