Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

ZAGI TAZZ CRASHES

Old 03-22-2005, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZAGI TAZZ CRASHES

have recently purchased a zagi tazz and went to fly it but every time i launch it, it just spins upsidedown and crashes into the floor has anyone got any ideas please as i am quite new to this does it need balancing or something but it doesnt say anything about this in the instructuions any help would be appreciated cheers
Old 03-22-2005, 05:36 PM

Default RE: ZAGI TAZZ CRASHES

You check to see if the elevons are at a neutral position? Your Zagi should glide for atleast 50 feet without power on a good throw. Try rechecking your balance also, I think its 8 inches back from the nose.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:20 AM

ok thanks ill try that
Old 03-23-2005, 11:02 AM

I forgot to mention, when I said neutral position. In the instructions it says put a ruler underneath the elevon, and that will be your neutral position for the elevons. Good luck, post back w/ the results.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:17 PM

ok thanks ill try that tonight and let u know cheers
Old 03-23-2005, 01:10 PM
My Feedback: (1)

you DONT want to fly a wing with the elevons in neutral position. they NEED about 8-10* of reflex (both elevons up slightly) without that, a wing will go straight for the deck every time.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:56 PM

ok thanks for that. i know u have to balance the wing from front to back (8 inches from nose) but do you have to balance it from side to side as well as if there is more weight to one side it will turn it wont it ? it doesnt mention this in the instructions though
Old 03-24-2005, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Zagi Tazz is more like a delta wing and needs no reflex. For level flight, the elevons are straight back. For launching, it helps to add some up elevator on the stick to get is started in the right direction.

You may wish to verify the direction that the elevons travel for left and right turns. Looking from the rear of the plane, a right stick turn makes the right elevon go up and the left elevon go down. This reverses direction for the left turn stick. For up, both elevons go up.

Due to the high speed of the Tazz, wild throws are not needed.

Good luck!

Old 03-28-2005, 01:27 PM
My Feedback: (1)

i launch mine full power full up trim no problems, make sure you launch into the wind
Old 05-05-2005, 10:55 AM

I found my Tazz stalls (and then spins) pretty easily and struggled somewhat with my launch technique, here are a few suggestions:

1) a bit of a breeze helps (make sure you launch into the wind). Take a few steps and give it good straight toss. I launch from the back (danger zone because of the prop) but the "pizza toss" seems awkward to me
2) full throttle! Also make sure you have the right prop (for LiPo that is 4.75x4.75)
3) minimum stick movement, for example I instinctively wanted to give it up elevator (which just causes a stall)
4) do the glide test first, you really want it to be balanced and trimmed properly

I crashed mine a bunch in my first few launches, thankfully the Tazz is tough enough to take it.