Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
 Help me rapair a plane made of Multiplex Elapor foam. >

Help me rapair a plane made of Multiplex Elapor foam.

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Help me rapair a plane made of Multiplex Elapor foam.

Old 04-24-2005, 05:10 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Help me rapair a plane made of Multiplex Elapor foam.

My friend has one of the new Multiplex Easy Gliders. It is made of the same Elapor foam as the Easy Star and some other Mulitplex planes.

In any case, I was flying it and put it into a tree. I dinged the leading edge of one wing. Nothing too serious. A depression about the depth of half a nickel with a small crack in the foam, maybe 1/2 inch deep. Foam was starting to return to shape after sitting about 10 minutes but not all the way back yet.

To restore this foam to shape I heard you pour boiling water over the foam, or dip it in boiling water and the foam returns to its original shape. Is that so? Have you tried it? How much boiling water? How long does it take to happen?

I would presume after you do this you get it all aligned, drizzle in some CA and it all glues together good as new.

Tell me this is so! Please!
Old 04-24-2005, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help me rapair a plane made of Multiplex Elapor foam.

I am a very much Newbie but I have been flying my grandson's and my own Multiplex Easy Star. Needless to say we have had quite a bit of damages in learing to fly. I have not heard of the boiling water trick. I hope someone who has will reply to your post. In any event, I have made numerous repairs with CA. Both planes have had wing dings with loss of foam. I repair these with clear packing tape. Both have had serious fuselage fractures which repaired easily with CA. I have used thin, med and thick CA but have not used activator. I wanted a little time to position the pieces. Anyway they are both flying well. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've repaired my space scooter with 5 min. epoxy and hot melt glue. Good luck!
Rick
Old 04-25-2005, 09:45 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Received this recepie for Elapor Soup:

Try it, you'll like it!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=256