Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Hobby People Wild Wing EPP

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:39 PM
avalentine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby People Wild Wing EPP

Glad to see this thread is still alive, I flew my wild wing this weekend and am convinced these things are just about indestructable. I flew it inverted full throttle about 4 feet off the ground right into the sun (late afternoon), I completly lost it and all I saw was a cloud of dust and it cartwheeling across the field. I walked over, picked it up and no damage at all. I tossed it back up (had to retrim a little) and finished flying out the battery. I've got another one these still in the box but I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to need to break it out.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:24 PM
SlabBro

Just got mine back out today! Foregot how much fun these can be. Oh i see a brushless coversion coming real soon!!! Anyone do a conversion lately on one? let me know, looking for a current setup !!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:29 AM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: cubmaster126

Just got mine back out today! Foregot how much fun these can be. Oh i see a brushless coversion coming real soon!!! Anyone do a conversion lately on one? let me know, looking for a current setup !!
Here is what I did with mine. It wouldn't fly in stock form with a pusher motor, so I put a brushless in front. A totally new, stable, fast WW!!

I used 2-inch wooden dowels driven into the foam for a sturdy set up. It works!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46614.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1074925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71668.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1074926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ag91256.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1074927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl27789.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1074928  
Old 11-20-2008, 12:44 PM
avalentine

Wow! how did you balance it, did you have to add weight to the rear? I was thinking of doing this to an old stryker body a while back just to be different. You say it's more stable, I know if you don't get the CG far enough forward these things won't fly.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:09 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

I could never get the CG right with the motor on the back, so I could never get it to fly since it would always crash on take off. That's why I tried with the motor on the front.

The CG is not as critical with a motor in front, compared to a pusher type motor.
The conversion does turn out to be a little nose heavy, so I added a couple of ounces of weights on the back and it helps, especially when flying inverted.
Being a little nose heavy, it also does not float in on landings, so it lands a little fast. You just give it full up-elevator just before it touches ground to protect the prop by flopping it on the ground.

I can now say, Not bad for a $20 foamy wing!

Old 06-20-2009, 02:01 AM
gotboostedvr6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being that Wild Wings are no longer available i figured id let you guys know that there are still reasonably priced EPP wings on the market,1.9 foam at that!

http://www.fastflyingwings.com/index...mart&Itemid=27

http://www.fastflyingwings.com/index...mart&Itemid=27

15 % off discount code
15offtotal