Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Fastest Zagi type wing?

Old 11-20-2005, 02:23 AM
skycom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest Zagi type wing?

Looking to get a fast brushless zagi type wing(Tazz?). Already put a mega on my X-ite wing but its not up to the speed this thing can reach.
Anyone got suggestions for a wing which is stable at high speed?

Thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 05:17 AM
SON OF PALEFACE
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Fastest Zagi type wing?

Well for starters U need a symetrical airfoil , very stable , about 6deg washout , thrust line close to the center line.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Wolfpack

I had a zagi and thought it was great until I saw the wingwarrior planes, wingwarrior.com, now the link goes to hobby people , not sure if they bought them out or what ? anyways I you want fast I put a brushless astroflight 020 on the e-zipper and it screems on 8 cell nicad packs. 1300 scr. maybe they have something in lipo by now, not sure.

My son has the e-raider (bigger wing, easier to see) with the same motor but it is slower.

Unlike the zagy, you push very little while inverted. Great plane IMHO. no appilication, OH AND they are all EPP foam !!!!!!! indestructable, mine got ran over by a motor home, all I had to do was replace servo gears in one servo.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:39 PM
INeedHelp
My Feedback: (1)

By far the fastest wings are the Ritewing planes from here www.bmkdesigns.net