Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Stryker F-27 Brushless

Old 02-16-2006, 04:17 PM
finster1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stryker F-27 Brushless

Ive had 2 stock strykers but i been looking into brushless now

Anyone have a good link to brushless motor/esc combo deals?

If your new to Strykers learn more here
http://www.2kool4u.com/stryker/

FINSTER
Old 02-16-2006, 10:59 PM
The Mad Hatter

Default RE: Stryker F-27 Brushless

Have you seen these videos of a Stryker www.flyrc.com/videos.shtml#stryker It has a Mega 16/25/4 with a 7 x 7 prop. Dont care much for paint job but I do like the airbrake setup.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:37 AM
finster1

Yeah...i did see that before...sweet setup...i would like to get one of those Mega engines but i dont really have that much space here to fly one that fast...i did see a cool video where someone put a cam or their stryker...kinda cool but might make ya dizzy watching it..LoL...

http://www.visualroll.com/DownsviewP...PeterKrska.WMV
Old 02-23-2006, 10:56 PM
jgreenman

I just converted my Stryker F-27B to brushless. Can someone tell me what a good starting CG would be? Also, should the elevons be positioned slightly up as a neutral starting position or should they be level with the wing?
Old 02-24-2006, 12:30 AM
Mayday!Mayday!

jgreen, just posted an answer for you on your other post(same question.)
Many,many options for a brushless setup.
A nice one and cheap is the BP-21 over at Balsa products.
The Align 400LF is also nice (quite a bit faster than the 21)
Himaxx 2815-2000 is a screamer
Mega 16/15/4 or 16/25/4 both are screamers
these seem to be the common ones that are used but IMHO the brushless motors and electrionics have jumped leaps and bounds, just so much to choose from. BG
Old 02-24-2006, 10:07 AM
m_d_sorenson

If you want to go brushless without having to buy a new radio/servos/reciever, check out [link=http://www.modified-rc.com/brushed2less.html]Brushed2Less[/link]. There is a step by step conversion of a Stryker. The motor I use is a MEGA 16/15/4. I like to use a 7X4 or 7X5 prop. The 7X4 is great for manuvering and is the easiest prop I have found to hover with. I like a 7X5 when I want to go faster. I also would recommend a battery with at least 15-18C discharge rates. I have been suprised at how much of a difference they make.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:05 AM
RHYNO

Ok, boys.....I just got a stryker the other day, 15,16,5 mega brushless motor, 1800mah lipos. What is the point of putting airbrakes on a model that can do parachute landings? Yep its a jugling act getting the c/g and up elevator right, and I have set failsafe to kill the motor and apply the right amount of elevator. So now I can actally turn off my TX and place it on the ground, and catch it as it decends vertically but flat! Has anyone else found this out? I can't take the credit for this, that goes to Mutton head.[8D]