Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

One Tough FFF Delta...Build It!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:53 AM
bjnginge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: One Tough FFF Delta...Build It!

This post is old i know but i just stumbled into one of these.Is anyone still building any?My question is i have a brushless inrunner on its way,it weighs 100 grams,am i going to have trouble with cog and should i mount the motor further forward and slot the wing.Bye the way it is made out of corroplast.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Gday there. Mark (fivestring)the originator of this thread is probably out in his semi right now, thou that doesn't normally stop him from surfing the net, gabbing on the phone, and cooking a meal, all while going down the highway at 70+mph.

Anyhow, your best bet would be to dry fit the motor/prop/pack after you have the Mugi pretty much built. I'm not sure what kind of difficulties you'd run into by pushing the motor more forward. It could throw off how it flies. Like I said, position the motor/prop on top of the Mugi, then see if sliding the pack and maybe even the esc and rx forward will balance it out. Always better to move stuff if you can, than having to add weight to it.

Hopefully the PUTZ himself will catch this and let you know for sure.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:13 PM
bjnginge

thanks,i built it out of 3mm corro and it seams hard to balance,might have to try and get some 2mm.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:32 AM
TARIQ

i have made a mugi evo plane and use spar also , the weight of mugi plane is 255 gms without anything , and i use 4mm elvons . my mugi span is as per plan 800mm or 31.5 inch . accept elvons all plane in 2mm coro

kindly some one guide me that ,

can i use outrunner brushless motor , if yes then what kv ? i will fix the motor back side not in front .

what prop ?will be good
what esc ?

some one told me that hobbyking is good place to buy , please tell me which motor from HOBBY KING I BUY ,  i want buy both inrunner and out runner with esc , you people have very good experince in mugi , so kindly guide ,

what kv and which size motor .

is my mugi weight without any thing is ok ?
i am surprise that how the actual plan weight with every thing come out 450 gms
my 1800 mah lipo battery weight is 162 gms .

because i dont have inrunner motor ,

thanks if some one guide me . i am great lover and i will built bigger size also , like 40 inch span , if some have plan for 40 size pls also let me know with thanks and tell what motor will good for that .

tariq