Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

The Big Aussie (SYD) Get Togethers (Group Fly)

Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

The Big Aussie (SYD) Get Togethers (Group Fly)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:25 AM
jaskel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Big Aussie (SYD) Get Togethers (Group Fly)

ok, abc...dont know if tomorrow is a go-er...weatherwise and workwise...ill take the planes in the car and see how it pans out.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:04 AM
I_Love_My_ABC

No probs Jaskel, give me a buzz in the morning and we'll re-assess the conditions... I've got everything here ready to go at a moments notice!!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:01 PM
jaskel

well looks like today is going to turn to ****e work wise, might need to make it next week, just had a meeting and got to much to do now...damn it...sorry man..
Old 07-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Mr Kamikaze

Corsair is ready for Maiden no. 3

If anyone want's me tonight I can't be contacted as I'm at church praying to the scale warbird gods.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:35 AM
I_Love_My_ABC

Don't worry Mr K, I'm more than overdue for some heavy impact so I dare say that it's probably my turn!! ...I'll go so far as to predict that you'll have a perfect record in the morning with a successful maiden of the F4U, and an incident free remainder of the day. Don't know what it is, but I'm feeling somewhat un-easy about the morning!! Hope it's repairable... [][]
Old 07-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Mr Kamikaze

Quick jump on the sim to warm the thumbs up!
Old 07-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Aussie_Toyman

I hope ABC isn't putting the 'mocka' (is that how its spelt?) on you you Mr K.

I'll have the Boomerang ready to try again, along with my Edge which was hanging off the prop nicely in the wind today, I only wish I had some control of it.....

I have the Tiger Moth 400 ready to go also, though it's outing isn't till later in the day as Mrs Toyman wants to see the TM maiden.

I'm bringing myself a Thermos also .
Old 07-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Mr Kamikaze

WOW!!! EXCELLENT MORNING. We had 9 flyers. Warbirds, gliders, 3d, sport and helis. All the bases were covered. Photos to come.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:13 AM
I_Love_My_ABC

Couldn't have said it better!!

Probably the best one yet!! Here's a ten minute video compilation of the morning, and believe me, it was difficult trying to squeeze all of the fun into a ten minute video!! I've got some good photos too, but haven't had time to sort through them yet. They will follow.

Enjoy...

Hammondville Fun-Fly 15-07-2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZcC_DdlFvY

Todd
Old 07-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Mr Kamikaze

Another excellent video from last Sunday thanks to Yogorilla (James)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98blN...%23post7823690
Old 07-21-2007, 07:15 PM
mezd

Hi there guys , hope you dont mind a South Australian popping in?[]

Just a quick question for you all - do any of you fly one of the S&B warbirds?? I just got one off a friend that hasnt flown it for ages, and am trying to work out what motor to run in it?

Mez.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:51 AM
Mr Kamikaze

I don't know the planes specifically. I think they are the ones from Queensland? But if you tell us what it is and how much it weighs etc I'm sure we can come up with an answer. We should be able to find something on the United Hobbies web site that is a good price too.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:52 PM
I_Love_My_ABC

Here's my first attempt at aerial video with the Great Planes Slinger. Just strapped the little Tony Hawk helmet cam on with some gaffer tape and threw it up in the air. Unfortunately the light was a bit low for the camera because it was just on day-break, but I'll give it another go next time we're all out in good light...

First Slinger Cam Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCBOa3FTpKY

Enjoy

Todd
Old 07-24-2007, 06:46 AM
I_Love_My_ABC

Just found these shots from the last fly-in on the memory card. I only remember taking one or two... I think Harrison (3 Year old) went to town with the camera!! A couple of good shots here too so I guess I'll have to bring him along next time...

Enjoy, and if anybody wants the hi-res versions just e-mail or PM me...

Todd
Old 07-27-2007, 07:40 PM
I_Love_My_ABC

Here's one more with the Slinger in better light and 20Km/h winds...

Great Planes Slinger in 20Km/h Winds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=716ITEGOH8M

...on the flight before this one I came in to land a bit hotter than usual and bounced off the deck at high speed smacking the right wing into one of the support columns of the change shed/canteen building that you can see in the video, spinning the plane in mid-air, and it finished up by ploughing nose first into the brick wall behind it!! This was by far the most violent crash I've ever had in 3-4 years of flying RC planes!! I walked over expecting the worse and picked it up to find no damage at all!! Not even a dent, just an almost invisible scuff mark on the covering!! This is exactly the type of plane I should have been flying from day one, that's also the beauty of EPP foam, even though the Slinger only has a strip of EPP along the leading edge of the wing, it was more than enough to save it from what I thought would be certain death!!

The only problem was that the impact reset the video camera so I lost that video... [:@][:@][:@] ...pity, it would have been absolutely spectacular footage!!

Enjoy

Todd
Old 07-29-2007, 04:33 AM
Mr Kamikaze

I got a passout at about 10am and headed up to Mount Annan. Steve was up there and helped me trim out my sloper wing and I managed to get some good little flights. Had one flight of about 2 and half minutes which for me (2nd time sloping) was excellent in the lift that was there. Also had lots of short hops and fairly long walks.

Somehow I managed to convince she who must be obeyed that it was perfect just now at 4pm. So I bolted up to Hammondville with the Mini Pulse. Only one battery so about 12 minutes flying but sweeeeet. Conditions were great after hooning around for about 3/4s of the battery I started doing touch and go's on the cricket pitch. Did about 10 without incident.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Aussie_Toyman

It was a shame Gravity and I were the only two flyer's to make it out to Ermington.

The weather wasn't too bad, sunny, light wind, and a golfer to dive bomb when you're out of control (if he really knew us he wouldn't have stood where he did).

it was good making it back home with only breaking a prop, and I'm definately not standing in the big Radio Wave deflector (Baseball Net) again.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:47 AM
I_Love_My_ABC

Ok, been talking to Gravity on the other forums and he seems keen to return to Ermington on Sunday morning. Anyone else up for a morning assault on the airspace... Looking at an early start to beat the wind, somewhere around 7.30-8.00am so who's keen??
Old 07-31-2007, 06:27 AM
Aussie_Toyman

So you don't want to fly out at Penrith, and see if Jaskel want's to join us???
Old 07-31-2007, 07:15 AM
I_Love_My_ABC

Spoke to Jaskel and he's a bit up in the air, might be going to the snow... Just spoke to MiniKatana (Han) and he'll be joining us about 8.00am so hopefully we'll get a good turnup over at Ermington!!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 PM
I_Love_My_ABC

Funsters,

Another great day of RC flight was had by all over at Ermington, and with the exception of a minor mishap with Toyman's Boomarang, everybody emerged unscathed and enjoyed about 3 hours of RC flight!!

By far the most interest was in Taxdodger's (Mark's) bucket full of EDF jets, in particular the Wirraway and ME-262 were the standout performers moving so fast that I'm still amazed that the wings stayed attached!! Toyman flew his coreflute masterpiece, Boomarang and he delighted in teasing us a lot with his PA Katana Mini without actually flying it!!

Yogo's Corsair was awsome as usual, and Simon & Harrison (The kids...) were pretty good with the little X-Twin foamies too!! They were both having a ball, and staying out of our hair which was just how I'd planned it!! Mitchell stayed in the pram for most of the day and was happy to just observe, but he did explore a bit and managed to straddle my Easy Glider a couple of times!!

I dug out my old Art-Tech Cessna 182, (Which still flies great after months of just hanging there on the wall) Great Planes Slinger (Ole' faithful!!) and the Multiplex Easy Glider Electric which was my AP platform. I also had the Parkzone Spit, but the wind picked up before I could get that one up in the air.

I trawled through the video, almost frame by fram, and this is about the best shot I found which is just a screen grab of the video. The resolution is only 320x240 (maximum for this camera) and pretty grainy, but you can make it out fairly easily. I did put together an animated GIF which looks pretty cool so I'll post that when I figure out how to do it!!...

For anybody interested, here's the full video, but be warned, it's about as exciting as I imagine it would be sitting in on the APEC Summit meeting!!

Chase Cam - First Attempt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL4H9aGPh_c

Enjoy it if you can!!

Todd
Old 08-12-2007, 04:42 PM
I_Love_My_ABC

No flights this weekend... had to use the spare time to put in a concrete retaining wall!! Man I'm sore all over, feel like I've been to mardi gras!! Maybe next weekend if anybody's keen... For flying, not mardi gras!!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:44 AM
I_Love_My_ABC

Jon (Aussie Toyman) and myself will be out at Hammondville on Sunday morning again for anybody who can make it over there. We're probably aiming for a 7.30 kick-off, but as usual, we'll be out there for a couple of hours providing the weather is good!! Gotta get this Stuka up in the air again, I actually found some real cob webs on it this morning when I was out in the hangar...
Old 08-18-2007, 05:26 AM
I_Love_My_ABC

Anybody know what the forecast is like for the morning?? I only have the Foxtel weather channel and they predicted showers for tomorrow, but that prediction was a week ago, and doesn't seem to have changed all week!! I think they just draw it out of a hat and hope for the best!! Anyway, I've got the Stuka, Spit and Slinger all charged up and ready to go... I guess we'll see what happens in the morning!!
Old 08-24-2007, 05:35 AM
rockape511

Hey Guys,

Went out last weekend to Hammondville but some drag racing show was on, no chance of flying. Any1 out this weekend? If so where are you going?? What time??? Looks like the weather could be promising.

Rockape

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.