Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

How to store foamys???

Old 07-02-2006, 07:19 PM
3DSAVAGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to store foamys???

I don't have much space to put them. I want to be able to put them in my room( its 12 by 12). I think i could put them on the cieling, but its a a slanted one. any space saving ideas for storage?
Old 07-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Mayday!Mayday!

Default RE: How to store foamys???

I have somewhere between "don't you have enough" and "Oh my god! Open your own hobby shop!", in my hanger.
So, I have limited space also. What I did was bought the hooks with the plastic coating to hang bikes on and started hanging them on the wall(s).
No pictures hanging in my office or room. My wife can't stand it, and I was told the living room was off limits. Lol.
I have most of them hanging vertical, flush with the wall. It abled me to hang more than if I hung them from the ceiling.
Hope this gives you at least one idea.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:59 PM
coolbean

Dowll rods.

Get a couple one by twos, secure them to the vertically and parallel to each other.
Get a few half inch dowell rods and cut them to 1.5-2 foot lengths.
Drill half inch holes in the one by twos and stick the dowell rods in them
Cover the top of the dowell rods with some kind of foam tape. Door seal tape from a hardware store is cheap.
You can store any shape wing or fuse and it is easy to just go pick one up without having to unhoook it from the wall or ceiling.

I use this method for all my planes, not just my foamys.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:08 AM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

In answer to your question: Very carefully.

I use a combination of storage methods. I hang some (usually the large, nice, or very $$$ ones), I use a pegboard for most of my small electrics, Ceiling racks in the garage for .20-.60 glo fuse&wings, and a seperate wing rack floor to ceiling made from adjustable metal bookshelf brackets and foam tube. Foamies are tough because they seem to attract hangar rash very easily. Consider storing them where you have to use the least amount of effort to get them.

I also take over the floor of the spare bed room for building during the hotter parts of the summer, so several planes live there too, on a temporary basis. Drives my wife absolutely nuts, even if she won't admit it.