Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

3dfoamy 18 days, no merchandise

Old 07-10-2006, 10:53 PM
TraumaRN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3dfoamy 18 days, no merchandise

I ordered an F-15 parkjet from 3dfoamy.com on June 23rd, 2006. Paid by paypal at that time. In the comments section of the order form I asked to be notified if there were to be any delays. After no response for 6 days, I e-mailed 3dfoamy and asked about the kit I ordered. JohnVH replied that the canopy had been out of stock, but the kit had been shipped that day, June 30, 2006.

On July 6, 2006 after waiting a few days after the hoilday, (USPS states 2-3 day shipping for priority mail) I again sent an e-mail asking for shipping confirmation and /or tracking information. I received a reply the next day stating 3dfoamy would check into it. 3 days later, still no response. Still no kit today, July 10, 2006.

I find this unacceptable, as I believe most would.
Old 07-11-2006, 01:48 AM
Aussie_Toyman

Default RE: 3dfoamy 18 days, no merchandise

you try posting this in this forum? - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_382/tt.htm

I've seen JohnVH in there a fair bit.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:20 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi, Ive sent you a PM, tell me who you are, or email me again so I can clear this up asap. I try my best so this doesnt happen..

Thanks
J
Old 07-11-2006, 11:53 PM
TraumaRN

e-mail sent. tracking number provided indicates USPS has not received the package yet, as pasted below:

Label/Receipt Number: 9101 8052 1390 7319 8955 53

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on June 30, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

and on further investigation of status definitions:

*When checking on the delivery status of an item, you may see something similar to:

"The United States Postal Service® was "electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner" on January 1, 2004 at 1:01 a.m. to expect your item for mailing"

This step indicates intent to mail an item, not the actual mailing date or time itself.

* Acceptance scan means that the package was received by the Post Officeâ„¢ for mailing.
* Arrival scan means that the package arrived at the Post Office for delivery.
* Delivered scan means that the mailman delivered the package to the location that is on the mailpiece.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:15 AM
JohnVH

Cool, Ill get it in the am when Im in the office..

FWIW, usps says that until the unit is delivered.. if it gets delivered (meaning if they dont loose it, as it appears at this point) so that doesnt mean anything as far as tracking a package. The public always hears about the ones that go wrong, not the hundreds that go right.... I would have appreciated a follow up email at the office..

Ill talk to you in the morning.
Thanks
Old 07-12-2006, 12:26 AM
TraumaRN

Old 07-12-2006, 01:05 AM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Geesh... nasty-

Sometimes "brown" just doesn't do it for ya.

JohnVH is one of the "good guys" in the hobby---

You a tax attorney or somethin?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:20 AM
TraumaRN

Old 07-12-2006, 02:18 AM
Aussie_Toyman

It all sounds good Trauma, but by posting it on an open forum it appears you are trying to force a resolution to your problem.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:59 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 07-12-2006, 08:10 AM
TraumaRN

ORIGINAL: Aussie_Toyman

It all sounds good Trauma, but by posting it on an open forum it appears you are trying to force a resolution to your problem.
It was a last resort, of sorts, to post on here. 72 hours after receiving a response that the location of the package would be investigated, I had yet to receive confirmation that the product had shipped. A simple tracking number would have sufficed, however no communication was made. So as far as forcing a resolution, yes, I was seeking a response from the vendor in this matter. The response that he would have liked to receive a follow-up e-mail irked me, because I was giving daily e-mail updates to keep him informed when it seemed all was not well. I received no replies to these "follow-up" emails.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Relax Trauma, you'll get your plane. John isn't in the business of ripping people off.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:26 AM
TraumaRN

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

Relax Trauma, you'll get your plane. John isn't in the business of ripping people off.
I'm sure you are patient after 2 hours of sitting at a restaurant without receiving your food, right?
It's exactly this sort of attitude towards business that breeds poor customer service. Without feedback, be it positive or negative, how can that company's processes improve?

However:
I've thought better of it, and since we are communicating via e-mail to resolve this, I will edit my posts to remove follow-up comments. I will report back as to the outcome.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:29 PM
CollectivelySpaced
My Feedback: (18)

Just be assured that John will treat you right. Occasionally things do wrong, even with the biggest of companies. When all is said and done I have no doubt that you will be a happy customer just as everyone else is with 3DFoamy.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:54 PM
JohnVH

Trauma, I have still not received the email you said you sent. Please resend so we can clear this up.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2006, 07:20 PM
TraumaRN

John, I have been corresponding with someone ([email protected]). Unfortunately your current inability to ship due to lack of shipping supplies will lead to even further delays. I am no longer willing to wait. I appreciate your offer to resend but at this time I am requesting a full refund of monies paid. I will return the package if it is ever received.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:20 PM
vicman

Obvious you are like others looking to smear a decent company. You use a public forum as an outlet for your poor skills online to smear an otherwise decent company. Like the other loosers using the same ploy all 8 posts go down in flames!

Try being a + in lieu of a - life and you're models will be much more successful[8D]

Also I have waited paitently in the ER while you guys drink whatever with burns or cuts for waay to long to leave under protest!

You're plea is not heard by the rest of us! Thanks for polluting RCU![sm=thumbup.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30274.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	490706  
Old 07-12-2006, 10:27 PM
TraumaRN

Nice try. I'm not biting. No smearing going on. Just looking to resolve the issue. With undeniable facts. Once this issue is resolved to all parties satisfaction, a final statement will be issued. Don't like this thread, maybe you shouldn't participate in it.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:30 PM
vicman

Reported and I am out[sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 07-13-2006, 05:43 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hummm. Things have gotten a bit heated here. I am alway sorry to see this kind of thread.

RCUniverse is not in the business of resolving customer service issues nor do we like to see this kind of issue tossed around in the forums. There are other vehicles.

If I catch the drift of the discussion, TramaRN, you never received your package via the US Postal services.

JohnVH, you seem to be representing www.3Dfoamy.com in this discussion. Have you agreed to issue a refund?

I have not dealt with 3DFoamy.com personally, but the company has a good reputation. I have had problems with companies with good reputations in the past and my finding is that ultimately they try hard to satisfy the customer. Sometimes thing go wrong. It happens.

TramaRN,

I did not see the content of some of your posts. If they were "strongly worded", I thank you for editing them. You said you were corresponding with the customer support folks. Has the matter been resolved?

JohnVH,

Please let us know how you resolve this. It is not really our business, but since this has become a public discussion, I think all will be best served to know how this comes out.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:05 AM
TraumaRN

ORIGINAL: aeajr
I have not dealt with 3DFoamy.com personally, but the company has a good reputation. I have had problems with companies with good reputations in the past and my finding is that ultimately they try hard to satisfy the customer. Sometimes thing go wrong. It happens.

Please let us know how you resolve this. It is not really our business, but since this has become a public discussion, I think all will be best served to know how this comes out.
I am certain John is now working his hardest to finish this...mess. As posted before, I research the small companies I buy from and 3dfoamy has had great leaps in service since his acquisition. Again this post was begun because I wasn't receiving any responses to my e-mails regarding the whereabouts of my order. Now 21 days after the order, I simply want a refund.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:53 AM
JohnVH

aeajr, I am 3DFoamy and am trying to resolve this, but hard since I am not getting his emails... I agree, smearing in public hurts..

Trauma, your emails are not getting to me. Can you simply reply to my PM's I have sent you with who you are so I can figure this out?? An RCU name is not enough for me to go off. If you want a refund you can have it, if you want the product, you can have it also.. You have to help me out here..

THanks
Old 07-13-2006, 07:16 PM
TraumaRN

Refund received. We have been in comunication via e-mail since this thread started. Thank you for the prompt refund.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:20 PM
TraumaRN

As far as smearing, reporting the facts is NOT smearing. I'm not sure you could state you are not receiving my e-mails if you have replied to them. Regardless, the issue has been resolved and we now have closure.

Please lock this thread!