Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

How to wanted: Flattening Warped Depron

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

How to wanted: Flattening Warped Depron

Old 07-17-2006, 12:59 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to wanted: Flattening Warped Depron

I've got some Depron that is warped... to the point that I'd love to use it, but hesitate to until I can get it flattened back out! Anybody had any good results with a particular technique that they'd like to share?

thanks!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Gary Hoorn

Default RE: How to wanted: Flattening Warped Depron

Warm it gently with a hair dryer or heat gun. Stay at least 12 inches away from the foam and warm it just enough to enable it to lay flat. If you over do it reverse the sheets and try again.
Gary
Old 07-18-2006, 09:34 AM
soarhead-RCU

Default RE: How to wanted: Flattening Warped Depron

Mike:
I read on another forum that a guy laid it out in the sun on a flat sheet of plywood and then put a 1/4 thick piece of glass on it, waited a while and walla flat foam. I have used a teflon coated clothes iron and set the heat low just before it started to feel like it was sticking or dragging on the foam. Ironed away and came out pretty flat! Did both sides, most dents also dissapeared. Practice on a scrap piece to get temperature right first .
Good Luck
Bob