Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

The Hydro Foamy

Old 11-09-2006, 02:07 AM
sputnikxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Hydro Foamy

I thought this was an intresting plane/boat/whatever.. lol

but the non tiled plans are [link=http://www.parkjets.com/hydrofoamy.pdf]Here[/link]

The Tiled Plans are [link=http://www.parkjets.com/hydro-foamy.pdf]Here[/link]

I am not sure if this build guide matches these plans or not but that is [link=http://images.hobbytron.com/Project51.pdf]Here[/link]

I say this because some of my cutout pieces dont match ... but it works good enough to guide you on what parts go where...

Building Tips... Im asuming this build was not intended for FFF because when I first cut it out the pieces did not interlock very well due to the thickness of the FFF.. I had to make the notches bigger... I figure if I build another one I will just build it without the notches...

I need some electronic suggestions for this one guys but here are the pics of what I got so far... Only took me like 2 hours to print the plans cut the pieces and put them together...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97613.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	556994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48748.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	556995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12321.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	556996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn32742.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	556997  
Old 11-09-2006, 05:32 AM
AJ1202

Default RE: The Hydro Foamy

Sputnik, that's a fine looking hydro you have there. very nice job
Old 11-09-2006, 10:32 AM
five-string

Hey, sput.

Looks good. So, you don't think the tabs help anything? Have you decided on a power system yet? I imagine the 2408-21 motor would do the job.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:37 PM
sputnikxxx

well If I was to build another one I would use the tabs, because it definatly helps line things up.... but I would figure out a way on the plans to draw out the tabs so they fit the fff on the plans and still make everything line up centered the way that it would if you were using a thinner material such as depron .. if that makes sense

If you notice the arelons are on the top fin unlike the plans that is the elevator... and the arelons come right off the rear fuse of the hydro but I wanted to do mine a little different, Im not sure of the difference it will make but I figure if it doesnt work I can redo it to the way the plans were originally in just a few minutes...

As far as power systems go im gonna try that setup you and aj recommended the 33.00 combo with the bp-21 motor, 18amp brushless esc, and the 3cell 1300 mah lipo...

Im no where near as experienced as you guys are but it is my opinion that this is a pretty solid setup cause I only had to add 1 piece of cf tubing and that was to the top of the fin where the arelons are at...

I will post more pictures when I get the power system..
Old 01-23-2007, 03:22 PM
DJ88

any more progress on this yet?
Old 01-23-2007, 11:47 PM
sputnikxxx

lol... not really... I kind of got the pieces cut out, and put together... then startred working on other stuff... I got 6 things im workin on now... but I got a brushless motor for it I am going to use... I will start working on this soon again