Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Typhoon problems?

Old 01-12-2007, 03:05 PM
01SCSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Typhoon problems?

I'm having problems with my typhoon. When I plug in the Bat, I get the low tone followed by two more, then a few seconds later I get the three tones that signify motor arming. Then thats it, can't control flight surfaces and no motor control either. The plane is brand new never flown. I can't get it to go into programming mode or anything. Motor has twitched on a few times, also the servos twitch, so they are getting power. Is my reciever fried right outta the box?

Cheers
Zach
Old 01-12-2007, 03:12 PM
pt40crasher

Default RE: Typhoon problems?

Did you center the throttle right after hearing those 3 tones? If not, try it. Don't forget, this is a pos.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:17 PM
01SCSS

So until it's programmed I won't have any servo function either. I have tried centering the stick right after those three beeps but still nothing. FU parkzone, stop getting your electrics from 6 year olds in china!! Anybody know more about the functionality of the plane before programming. I can't get it to respond to anything, thats why I'm thinking receiver. [&o]
Old 01-12-2007, 08:17 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

It sounds like the throttle trim slide is not all the way down (off). If that's the case, the ESC may behave the way you described it.
Check it out.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:37 PM
healthyfatboy

Did you read the manual by chance?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:08 PM
VictoryRoll-91

If it's completely stock, it shouldn't need any programming at all. And even if the throttle trim was not all the way down, he would still be able to move the control surfaces. I say send it back, and get a new one, parkzone is really good about these things.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:25 PM
01SCSS

VictoryRoll, Thats what I thought. No programming at allout of the box, so it's the reciever. My Tx works, checked it today, and the plane is still totally unresponsive to anything.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:28 AM
solar696

ORIGINAL: 01SCSS

I'm having problems with my typhoon. When I plug in the Bat, I get the low tone followed by two more, then a few seconds later I get the three tones that signify motor arming. Then thats it, can't control flight surfaces and no motor control either. The plane is brand new never flown. I can't get it to go into programming mode or anything. Motor has twitched on a few times, also the servos twitch, so they are getting power. Is my reciever fried right outta the box?

Cheers
Zach
by reading your original post , the only thing I see wrong is that you should have the ESC switch in off position when you plug in the battery.

1 ) TX on , throttle in fully off position , throttle trim in the middle .
2) ESC switch is in OFF position ( switch is on the left side of the fuselage)
3) plug in your battery you will hear 1 low and 2 high tone
4) turn your ESC switch ON , you should hear 3 beep, motor armed.

it is in your manual.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:50 PM
friedclutch

make sure your servo reversng is not reversed for throttle. My bro's was like that. It took us hours to figure it out!!