Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Little Star seaplane

Old 01-23-2007, 04:20 PM
jmupilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Star seaplane

Here'sa few pictures of my LittleStar. Its a 75% model of the BalsaUSA Norhtstar. It's made of Blue Fanfold FoamCore. witha few pieces of Wood for strength

Vitals are: all 1/4 fan fold foamcore with a little wood for structure in the tail , Wing has a foam spar
33 in wingspan rudder is 11in high stab is 12.5in span
41 in length
32 oz all up flying weight
motor is a brushless 2410-12 outrunner with a GWS 9x6 prop Power is 11.1v LiPo 1200 mAth here and there. First flight was off snow and it flew like it was on rails.

Pete
Attached Images     
Old 01-23-2007, 11:44 PM
amitysanimal

Default RE: Little Star seaplane

Oh that looks awesome. Any chance you have tiled plans?
Old 01-27-2007, 05:53 PM
jmupilot

Default RE: Little Star seaplane

No plans for it as of yet. But I did make templates for all the pieces so I can make another one faster than the first. Wing is made by folding the foam backover itself and I have a foam spar made by laminating 3 pieces of the fanfold foam together. Trial and eror fit an fix took me most of the time to build as I would try something and then sit and think of how to improve it and have to tear it off and rebuild. Now that I have a basic plan for the Little Star I can build another one with less fuss. I'll try and get some plans together and see if I can post a tiled set here.

Pete

Bigger pics are in my Gallery