Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Transmitters on RTF

Old 04-13-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitters on RTF

Newbie needs help! Want to buyHobbyZone RTF super cub. Have 1 solo landing and 2 hrs on buddy box with gas trainer. Want electric but am afraid transmitter with rtf are not usable anywhere else. Any suggestions about foam rtf trainers with decent trans would be really appreciated. Am going to continue to learn alone as instructor is no longer available. Thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 05:02 PM

Default RE: Transmitters on RTF

As a beginner myself, I like the supercub.However, the multiplex aircraft like the EasyStar and the TwinStar are easy to fly and have good electronics.Good Luck,George.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Banned

Default RE: Transmitters on RTF

You should be able to get a real radio, receiver, esc and servo's as well as an easy to fly ARF for the same price as most RTF's. They will be mainstream, just not top of the line and you really don't need anything more then 4 channels to start out with, and can in fact, get away with a 3 channel radio if you really want to get the costs down dramatically more.

My suggestion, look for a high wing ARF with dihedral and a decent 3-4' wingspan, rudder/elevator control and you have a good starting platform, many even come with the motor already, so if you don't mind a little extra assembly, you are moving right into mainstream gear that's easily transferable to your next plane.

Good luck with this hobby, it's alot of fun, just keep in mind, the gear is always worth more then the plane, so focus on that element first.